Is there such a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

About 10 years ago I read that people were working on a game set on a spaceship where there were about 1000 rooms to explore and things to do and see.

I am looking for a game where you can travel around and find things see things and dont have to follow a script or kill things or solve a puzzle.
Where you dont have tiny villages and a cluttered complicated screen with so many things to learn that the the game is not a pleasure to do for a short time.

Myst and riven were quite nice I have not yet tried the latest offering but that is the sort of environment.

:)

I seem to remember a game similar to what you are talking about that was set on a ship of some sort, I don't remember if it was a space ship or a cruise ship though. I don't remember the name of it either. I want to think it was based on a novel and you were exploring the ship to find clues to solve some problem. Maybe someone else will remember what the name was.

BTW, the game I'm thinking of was released about 4 or 5 years ago, not 10 so it may not be the same one.

If its the sames game i'm thinking of, then it was called errrm, forgotten now..:eek:

But it was written/made by Douglas Adams of "The Hitch-Hikers Guide to The Galaxy" fame.

It was set on a large space ship, and it wasn't a linear type of game. I think it had the word "Titanic" in its name, although im not sure...

Hope this helps...

By the way, if you find out what the games called, can you tell me, i wouldn't mind having a look at it...

Starship Titanic Created by Douglas Adams and Terry Jones...

There is a lot to like about Starship Titanic. The graphics are exceptional. The rendered artwork is gorgeous, and I found the interface (called a Personal Electronic Thing--PET) easy to use once I got past the small learning curve. The Myst-like navigation is easy to grasp, and special efforts have been made to keep it from being redundant. For example, when you turn right, if there is nothing of interest in that direction, just turn around 180 degrees. Sound is also top quality. The music changes based on location, giving each part of the ship its own atmosphere.

Thanks for that I have ordered a used copy to try.

Does anyone understand this.

At amazon Myst III Exile is not available for PC until next month and is listed at about £8.50
Myst III Exile collectors edition appears to be available now new and second hand for between £18 secind hand to £27 new.

How is this. Is it out yet. Is it good.
One of the second hand ones appeared to be for a mac, but if i remember correctly It plays on both dosent it?:)

My colleague at work has a copy of Myst III Exile in his drawer and it is indeed dual system version. I can't say for sure that every copy produced is though :(

I'll ask him since he is a mac fan and should know if this game is only sold in this dual format... He should be in the office tomorrow.

My colleague says that it is his understanding that all of the Myst series were dual format packages...
And that the collectors edition was the same game but with some Myst paraphernalia.

Originally posted by ptitterington

I am looking for a game where you can travel around and find things see things and dont have to follow a script or kill things or solve a puzzle.

You should try Ultima Online, great game!

Is there a windows version of this game?

Here is a discription of it, I played it on a Macintosh many many years ago but I don't remember what it was called.

[23:40] <sngx1275> hey there was another game I would like to play again
[23:40] <sngx1275> the more I think about it the more its like a simplistic Worms Armegeddon game
[23:41] <sngx1275> basically you played against another person or the computer
[23:41] <sngx1275> and you shot missles at each other, changing the power and the angle of launch
[23:41] <sngx1275> you had a health rating and the higher health you had when you killed your opponent the more money you got
[23:42] <sngx1275> the more money you can buy different types of missles
[23:42] <sngx1275> some that would go through a hill, some that would fly all crazy (these were cheap and you killed youself about as much as your opponent)
[23:42] <sngx1275> some were biological and you just had to get near to cause damage
[23:42] <sngx1275> some were various sizes of nukes
[23:43] <sngx1275> and if you got hit pretty good and your health was low you couldn't put as much power into your missle shot.
[23:43] <sngx1275> this is where the crazy ones come in to play

And no I wasn't just talking to myself there, I just deleted what everyone else said because it wasn't relavent to this post.

Nice Nod, it being a DOS game it obviously looks different from my old mac game but its almost identical. Maybe I'll get my roommate to play against me :)

Didnt know this thread was still running.
Ive got rivenII and its pretty amasing.
I dont understand how a 4 cd set can only cost £7.50 from amason but it took about 1.5 months on back order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back