Is this a good pc and monitor? How much would you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8N8N8

Pentium quad-core Q6600 (e0) 2.4ghz CPU
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard
4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM
EVGA Geforce 9800GT 1GB
Lite-On DVD burner
Antec Three Hundred case w/ Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU
Windows Xp 32bit
HDD is a WD 500g SATA2 drive with 16mb cache

Ram is g.skill running at 333mhz 4,4,4,15 timing

Monitor
Westinghouse 26" 1920x1200 monitor w/ HDMI

Thanks

Will this pc be fast and can handle alot of multitasking?

I guess it depends on what you're going to be doing with it. There isn't much expandability with a 380 watt psu. And xp 32 bit is fine but you're not going to be able to utilize the complete 4 GB of ram (you can only use something like 3.6 GB of RAM max in xp-32 bit). Other than that it's a pretty good pc

That PSU will most likely be a bit overloaded. I would recommend going with an EP43-UD3L for the motherboard, and getting an HD 4770 or HD 4850 instead of the 9800GT, along with a Corsair 450VX or a BFG LS-450 PSU.

Also, if you're going to be gaming, go with an AMD setup, and splurge on the video card instead, since it would best to have a card that can handle your monitor's native resolution. An HD 4870\4890 would be your best choice.

Do you have a budget? What's your location? Based on these, I can recommend specific parts for you, that will may likely give you a much faster PC for the same price.

As for the OS, use the Windows 7 RC for now, or get Vista Home Premium and grab an Windows 7 Upgrade Edition later when it releases. I would recommend the 64-bit flavor of either for 4GB or more RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back