Is this computer good enough for WoW?

efabbs

Does anyone know if this computer's specs are good enough to run world of warcraft on ultra with atleast a good FPS?

BUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 556XLC Desktop PC Phenom II X6 1100T(3.3GHz) 8GB DDR3 2TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6970 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

ww.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227316R&Tpk=ibuypower%206970

No problem at all. Couldn't access the link. What power supply do they have installed and how much wattage does it purport to supply?

I couldnt post the link becaues im not level 5,notice i took of 1 W from the w w w.,just add a w

But it says the power supply is 800w

Well it doesnt even matter cause i guess thats discontinued,so do you know of any gaming pc's that can run good fps on high settings for around $1,000,or an even cheaper one that runs atleast GOOD
Or if it is just better to upgrade my current pc?
But i think im better off buying a new one..cause im running like 20 fps on the lowest setting for WoW.......

ww.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227302&cm_re=ibuypower-_-83-227-302-_-Product[/url]

I was thinking this one now,I took out another w from the w w w.

See i dont know what you mean by that,you saying it would be cheaper and better to just build my own computer or just upgrade my current one?
And as for a budget i wasnt hoping to spend to much,seeing on how i only play team fortress and wow,but if it can run games good enough i want to play more on pc.

Your current system will still play games very well. IMO the only thing you probably need to do is upgrade you graphics card.

Well its running wow on the absolute lowest setting only at 15 Fps.so what's my problem?should I get a new graphics card,and that will make it very good now?cause even when I got it I thought it was a very good PC,but then I go to play wow,and I'm at 15 fps on the LOWEST setting,and only on like a 22' monitor

If I am reading the specs correctly that you linked us to you are using onboard graphics, correct?

I agree.

Your money would be much better spent through NewEgg's DYI (Do It Yourself) offerings.

I agree as well. Do it yourself. Save your money, and get that feel good feeling that goes with it.

WoW's requirements are REALLY low. So chances are an upgrade to your current system would be all you need.

What do you mean onboard graphics?The original graphics cards and everything?

Some motherboards have integrated (built-in) video and thus can run without a separate graphics card. By your response I am guessing your system came with a graphics card. If this is the case a better graphics card will most likely improve your gaming considerably.

Question: Have you always experienced 15 FPS or is this a recent issue?

Some motherboards have integrated (built-in) video and thus can run without a separate graphics card. By your response I am guessing your system came with a graphics card. If this is the case a better graphics card will most likely improve your gaming considerably.

Question: Have you always experienced 15 FPS or is this a recent issue?

It has been like this forever,lol

But do you have any suggestions for a graphics card?dont really have a limit if its all you say i need,like 300 or less

One other question before we proceed with graphics card: Do you have any other video or gaming issues that you recall?

Okay, on further research your video is onboard graphics (i.e. integrated into the motherboard as opposed to a separate video card that you have to install). This explains why you are having issues with gaming because it is an older integrated graphics chip dating back to 2008 and it is not well designed for gaming taks.

Now if I read the details in your link correctly you should have a PCI-Express slot for the option of installing a video card. Trust me, if you do have a slot your gaming ability will significantly increase.

Question: Do you have any friends who can look at your motherboard to see if it does have a PCI-E slot for a video card? Can you? Sorry for the caution but I don't want to direct you to buying a card and having no place to put it!

UPDATE: Never mind. I read buyer's reviews and many of them added a card. We may need you to update your power supply as well but you'll be able to stay within $300.

Okay, on further research your video is onboard graphics (i.e. integrated into the motherboard as opposed to a separate video card that you have to install). This explains why you are having issues with gaming because it is an older integrated graphics chip dating back to 2008 and it is not well designed for gaming taks.

Now if I read the details in your link correctly you should have a PCI-Express slot for the option of installing a video card. Trust me, if you do have a slot your gaming ability will significantly increase.

Question: Do you have any friends who can look at your motherboard to see if it does have a PCI-E slot for a video card? Can you? Sorry for the caution but I don't want to direct you to buying a card and having no place to put it!

UPDATE: Never mind. I read buyer's reviews and many of them added a card. We may need you to update your power supply as well but you'll be able to stay within $300.

By the way im going through all of this because my friend just spent $1600 on a gaming computer,and im telling him NONE are worth that much.

I take a computer class in highschool and i will ask my teacher if he could help us out somehow,but i dont know how to upgrade the power suplly and such,but my mom also has a friend that can does computer stuff,but im not entirely sure if either can help.

It's not very difficult.

By the way im going through all of this because my friend just spent $1600 on a gaming computer,and im telling him NONE are worth that much.
Now I don't know about that :(; $1600 USD is almost within reason and decent price/performance.

It's not very difficult.

Now I don't know about that :(; $1600 USD is almost within reason and decent price/performance.

by none I ment the hardware he has,I just think there is no way its worth 1600,and if it is he certainly doesn't need it,he play minecraft and that's it lol

Back