Is this PC good for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

uk500

hi im new and just wondering is this following specs are good to run such games like empiretotal war on good settings Graphics Upgrade: Nvidia 9800GT 1GB HDMI
- Motherboard AMD DDR3: Asus M4A77TD PRO
- Operating System: Windows Xp Home
- Power Supply: 450 Watt Power Supply
- Case: Standard Case - Asus TA210
- Processor: X2 245 (AM3 2.90GHz, 2MB Cache, HT 3600MHz)
- Monitor: 19 " DGM (L-1935WD) WIDESCREEN MONITOR 16:9 VGA/DVI
- Wireless Networking: No Wireless Network Card
- Optical Drive: 24 X DVD Writer & 40 - X CD Writer
- Extra Hard Drive Space: No Extra Hard Drives
- Primary Hard Drive: 160GB Sata 2 Drive
- Solid State Hard Drive: No Solid State Hard Drive
- Memory: 2GB DDR 3 1333MHz

The specs are decent. But are you planning to build this PC? If so, what's your budget?

Although the specs are ok, it would have been better to ask your question before you bought them. What kind of 450W power supply did you get?

i got all that for £428 with a monitor
Okay. I misunderstood but it sounded like you bought it already. So what kind of power supply is it?

Also, why not get Windows 7 now that it just came out?

windows 7 bit too much also i dont know wat power supply should say at the top im just trying to find the best pc for gaming for just over £400

so ur saying that this pc can run empire total war with good settings
It doesn't have a graphics card, so it will be overall weak in gaming, but its unlikely you will get more for that budget.
So, given the circumstances, yes its good.

hellokitty[hk], in the first sentence of the first post, he mentioned an upgrade to an Nvidia 9800GT. As constituted the PC is fine although for the same price he could get a much better Radeon HD 4770.

hellokitty[hk], in the first sentence of the first post, he mentioned an upgrade to an Nvidia 9800GT. As constituted the PC is fine although for the same price he could get a much better Radeon HD 4770.
Oh, yes indeed :haha:. 4770 512mb or 4850 512mb is a better choice at that price range o.o.
Which would constitute a better power supply.

Oh, yes indeed :haha:. 4770 512mb or 4850 512mb is a better choice at that price range o.o.
Which would constitute a better power supply.

The 9800GT and the 4850 use almost identical amounts of power, the 4770 even less, so you would not need to changed your PSU based on that choice.
the 9800Gt calls for a 400W PSU with 28A on the 12v rail(s)

Most likely but knowing the power supply watts rating does not tell the whole story. If you know the brand and model of the power supply OR the amp ratings of the 12V rail or rails, that would help. If you don't have access to that information, then based on the wattage rating only, I would say it's probably okay.

oh ok thank yh that all the information i have on the power supply any way thanks for ur help it has help me alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back