Is this temperature safe...

I hav a intel core i5 2320 processor 3ghz,a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 250 graphics card,8 gb ram....
bt when I play call of duty 4 modern warfare and check my cpu temperature with speccy program......my processor and graphics card temperatue is between 65-70c and sometimes processor temperature goes beyond 70c.......jst want to confirm whether its safe????

Are you using the stock CPU cooler or an aftermarket one? 70C on the stock cooler is probably expected and won't damage your CPU. 70C on the GPU is very normal.

Yep......I'm using a stock cooler......I jst want to know to what extent is the temperature safe.........sometimes it reaches 75c.....it would be great help for me bcz I play pretty high graphics games which increases this temperature.....while normally operating its around 40 - 45c

That sounds pretty normal. Unless you're running the CPU under load 24/7 then you don't have anything to worry about.

CPU and GPU chips can generally tolerate temperatures up to 100C, although it's probably best to keep them under 70-80C.

70C on the GPU!!! wow that's high! my 650Ti gets to 50C on skyrim maxed out....

my 3570K Intel gets to 40C tops on skyrim with a Hyper 212 EVO cooler. right now it's at 29C

mabye gets to 50C tops while doing demanding media processing....

It seems u hav installed an aftermarket........well I'm using a stock cooler........as slh28 told cpu and gpu's can tolerate temp upto 100c.......so 70c on my cpu is normal........nywayz thanx for the info....

I recommend aftermarket cooling for both CPU and GPU. Stock cooling is not as good and your components will not last as long. It's cheaper to spend 25 bucks on a good CPU cooler rather then spending 200+ on a new CPU.

Ok.........I'm planning to buy a aftermarket fan...........a cooler master hyper 212 evo.........so will it do the job or do I need to buy another cooler master fan with it.....

Yeah the Hyper 212 Evo/Plus are very good coolers for the price. Just make sure you have enough clearance in your case and over your RAM sticks.

Dunno abt the space........I've ordered it online.......the guy who runs hardware store says it will fit in my cabinet.....

Hey plz can anyone tell me whether the hyper 212 evo will fit on my DH61WW intel board........I'm getting worried nw :D

It should if it's 1155 socket, but the RAM might be a tight fit, don't get RAM with huge heat spreaders and it might work.. I have the Asrock z77 pro 3 motherboard. Fit fine on mine.

If I were you I'd get a regular ATX motherboard and a decent sized case like the Antec Three Hundred Two (what I got) so you have breathing room. I would only get a small motherboard and case if it was to be used in an HTPC or a very cramped room, if not, then it's better to just get an easier to work with solution.

The Hyper 212 Evo is quite a thin cooler so looking at a picture of your motherboard I don't think you'll have issues with RAM clearance. What case do you have? You should be ok unless it's one of those slimline ones.

If I were you I'd get a regular ATX motherboard and a decent sized case like the Antec Three Hundred Two (what I got) so you have breathing room.
I wouldn't get a new case or motherboard just to fit in an aftermarket CPU cooler... but maybe there's an argument for a new case if he's thinking of carrying it over to the next build.

It fits pretty good in my antec three hundred two but I wouldn't recommend a case that's way too much smaller then that for that cooler. it takes up a lot of room in my case.

My case is not small at all......its a pretty decent sized case.......the problem is that whether the ram would interupt......bt my ram is also has no big heat spreaders.........I think it should be fine........once again thanx a lot guys for the info.....

Back