Israel responds to failed Hamas cyberattack with air strike

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Cyberattacks aren’t a new type of weapon of warfare, but we’ve just seen the first instance of a military responding to one with physical force in real-time.

On Saturday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it prevented an attempted cyberattack by Hamas. It retaliated by launching air strikes against a building in the Gaza strip that it claimed housed Hamas cyber operatives.

We don’t know the exact target of the cyberattack, but The Times of Israel reports that its purpose was to harm “the quality of life of Israeli citizens.” The IDF said the attack was not particularly advanced. “We were a step ahead of them the whole time,” said Brigadier General D., the head of the IDF's cyber defense division. "The moment they tried to do something, they failed."

The IDF released a video showing a building where it says the attack was launched being destroyed. "At this point in time, Hamas has no cyber operational capabilities," said IDF spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Ronen Manlis.

The US responded with force to a cyberattack back in 2015 when it used a drone strike to kill an ISIS operative who leaked US service record details online. But unlike the IDF response, that retaliatory act wasn’t immediate.

The incident came amid a weekend of violence that saw Hamas launch over 600 rockets into Israel. The IDF said it attacked 320 targets belonging to Gaza militant groups. According to Reuters, four civilians in Israel have been killed by rockets and missiles, while Israeli strikes killed 19 Palestinians, more than half of them civilians.

Questions are now being asked as to whether the IDF’s response was a proportional one, especially as it halted the cyberattack before any damage was done.

Permalink to story.

I wonder what Israel's critics think should be a "proportional" response to an enemy that targets civilians while using its own as human shields. Israel has tried over and over to give the "palistinians" their own country but they have no interest because coexistence isn't on their agenda. One of the the stated goals of Hamas and every other Islamic terrorist organization is the complete destruction of Israel. It always has been and always will be.

Look at these Zionist mouthpieces getting to work!

The Palestinian people are under occupation for 80 years by exiled European Jews, whom were a problem for Europe during WWII, and Palestine a solution for the European problem.

You can’t hide the truth.

The Palestinian people are under occupation for 80 years by exiled European Jews, whom were a problem for Europe during WWII, and Palestine a solution for the European problem.

Really?!?!!? Maybe those European Jews wouldn't have been a problem if 6 million weren't exterminated by Nazis... Nazis whose thinking mirrors your own...

Actually Nazism and Zionism, while not the same thing, are two opposite sides of the same coin. Their objective was one and the same, get the Jews out of Europe. Who’s to say that two political ideologies In the same region, in the same era, with the the same agenda wouldn’t cooperate?

The US could learn a thing or two here. If we treated all hackers this way I think hacking would become one of the least desired hobbies/professions in a very short time ...... And the building industry would be booming from all those replacement buildings that would be needed too!!!

Really?!?!!? Maybe those European Jews wouldn't have been a problem if 6 million weren't exterminated by Nazis... Nazis whose thinking mirrors your own...

You obviously don't know that the entire Jewish population in Europe wasn't 6 million so how could Nazis kill so many? This whole thing is a hoax to justify Jews stealing Palestinian land after WWII......

You obviously don't know that the entire Jewish population in Europe wasn't 6 million so how could Nazis kill so many? This whole thing is a hoax to justify Jews stealing Palestinian land after WWII......
No... it was about 18 million - and most of those who survived emigrated to other countries - justifiably thinking Europe wasn't such a swell place for Jews... my grandparents were holocaust survivors and lost all of their siblings, so if it was a hoax, it was a pretty elaborate one... And if you did a little research, you'd know that the Palestinians never actually owned the land - it was part of the British Empire, and the Ottoman Empire before that...

No... it was about 18 million - and most of those who survived emigrated to other countries - justifiably thinking Europe wasn't such a swell place for Jews... my grandparents were holocaust survivors and lost all of their siblings, so if it was a hoax, it was a pretty elaborate one... And if you did a little research, you'd know that the Palestinians never actually owned the land - it was part of the British Empire, and the Ottoman Empire before that...

I'm not saying that all of holocaust was a hoax but the numbers are definitely inflated plus why does nobody talk about 4 million of Indians or millions of Ukrainians and Russians killed by Stalin before, during and after the war? I'm Polish, Poland has lost a lot during and after the war but this constant victim hood from Jews is getting on my nerves, nobody can say anything against them or you get called racist or anti-Semitic......

I'm not saying that all of holocaust was a hoax but the numbers are definitely inflated plus why does nobody talk about 4 million of Indians or millions of Ukrainians and Russians killed by Stalin before, during and after the war? I'm Polish, Poland has lost a lot during and after the war but this constant victim hood from Jews is getting on my nerves, nobody can say anything against them or you get called racist or anti-Semitic......
The numbers are NOT inflated! Say what you will about the Nazis, they kept meticulous records. Yad Vashem has the lists of victims posted.

As for the other victims during WW2 - we DO remember them... or at least, we should... check the history books, it’s all there!

The difference between the Jews and the others is that they had no homeland when it happened - so there was nowhere to turn and no nation to support them.

The state of Israel exists basically to make sure nothing like that happens again.

WOW ?! Steal the palestinian land? They didn't steal anything and that land was messed up by the British that willy nilly subdivided it. Also maybe go look up this weird old book called a bible that speaks of jews living in israel about.. idk 2000 years ago? And even then it was under Roman occupation.

Don't Trivialize the whole situation by claiming its an easy case of land theft when in fact its insanely complex. And the "innocent" palestinians have been notoriously bad at trying to solve the problem but because they are the under dog they can do no wrong?

Also back on topic, good job Israel. Next time some lowlife does a DDOS attack on a service because they got banned for being an asshat - blow em up! We don't need those kind of cyber terrorists doing whatever they want when they want with no repercussion.

Wow, someone calls you out on your obviously slanted opinion and your 'defense' is to change the subject. If you could defend your statements about inflated numbers of Jews killed by the Nazis with any facts, that would be great. Otherwise, your opinions will be met with an appropriate amount of skepticism and disbelief.

Wow, someone calls you out on your obviously slanted opinion and your 'defense' is to change the subject. If you could defend your statements about inflated numbers of Jews killed by the Nazis with any facts, that would be great. Otherwise, your opinions will be met with an appropriate amount of skepticism and disbelief.

Ok looks like my number was wrong but so was the 18 millions, according to this https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/cont...-of-europe-in-1933-population-data-by-country total Jewish population on plant earth was 15.3 million. Now I don't have slanted opinion I'm just tired of Jews doing whatever the F*** they want. Lest just say Russia has bombed some cyber terrorists, can you imagine what would happen? Last two things, Allies won the war so the history is going to be skewed in their favour and like I said I'm Polish, Nazis invided and destroyed my country so defending them is not exactly something I should be doing but there was a lot bad during that war and its does seem like its just the Germans who get the blame for it....

PS. Once you add the number of Jews living in countries Germany conquered it adds up to almost 9 000 000 but that is from 1939 - 1943 because after that they started getting pushed back especially from Russia. Do you honestly think they would have time to capture 6 000 000 Jews and kill them within that time? Especially when not all the countries that allied with Nazis or were conquered by them sent them to the camps, Italy is a good example of it.

Look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsions_and_exoduses_of_Jews and ask yourself weather Jews are the problem or all those countries :)

Last edited:
Ok looks like my number was wrong but so was the 18 millions, according to this https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/cont...-of-europe-in-1933-population-data-by-country total Jewish population on plant earth was 15.3 million. Now I don't have slanted opinion I'm just tired of Jews doing whatever the F*** they want. Lest just say Russia has bombed some cyber terrorists, can you imagine what would happen? Last two things, Allies won the war so the history is going to be skewed in their favour and like I said I'm Polish, Nazis invided and destroyed my country so defending them is not exactly something I should be doing but there was a lot bad during that war and its does seem like its just the Germans who get the blame for it....

PS. Once you add the number of Jews living in countries Germany conquered it adds up to almost 9 000 000 but that is from 1939 - 1943 because after that they started getting pushed back especially from Russia. Do you honestly think they would have time to capture 6 000 000 Jews and kill them within that time? Especially when not all the countries that allied with Nazis or were conquered by them sent them to the camps, Italy is a good example of it.

Look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsions_and_exoduses_of_Jews and ask yourself weather Jews are the problem or all those countries :)
Your link basically proves everything I said... Yes, I was off by a few million on the total population of Jews before WW2 - but that only makes the extermination of 6 million worse!!! That's 2/3 of the European Jewish population slaughtered - and that number (6 million) is a verified fact!!

And yes - the Germans MADE THE TIME to exterminate all those Jews - maybe do some reading!

And your page linking to the expulsions of the Jews.... that shows, once again, how important having a state is, as Jews have been persecuted since their expulsion from Israel 2000 years ago!

By the way, my grandparents were both born in Poland - and were persecuted by POLES long before the Nazis came and slaughtered their families. My grandfather, however, was saved by a Pole - showing that you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Until the day he died, my grandfather sent that man's family money every month in gratitude.

I strongly recommend, if you are ever in Israel, to check out the holocaust museum (Yad Vashem) and try to understand how unique and AWFUL the events during WW2 were before going on to state how "tired you are of Jews getting preferential treatment".

Your link basically proves everything I said... Yes, I was off by a few million on the total population of Jews before WW2 - but that only makes the extermination of 6 million worse!!! That's 2/3 of the European Jewish population slaughtered - and that number (6 million) is a verified fact!!

And yes - the Germans MADE THE TIME to exterminate all those Jews - maybe do some reading!

And your page linking to the expulsions of the Jews.... that shows, once again, how important having a state is, as Jews have been persecuted since their expulsion from Israel 2000 years ago!

By the way, my grandparents were both born in Poland - and were persecuted by POLES long before the Nazis came and slaughtered their families. My grandfather, however, was saved by a Pole - showing that you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Until the day he died, my grandfather sent that man's family money every month in gratitude.

I strongly recommend, if you are ever in Israel, to check out the holocaust museum (Yad Vashem) and try to understand how unique and AWFUL the events during WW2 were before going on to state how "tired you are of Jews getting preferential treatment".

Well my point is that people from all countries were dying in WWII, that whole thing was awful for everyone but its seems only Jews who are not angels themselves get the special treatment and just because they lived there 2000!!! years ago doesn't mean they have rights to that land, think about Native Americans I don't see them getting "their" land back.....

This is a good watch

Read Exodus then The Haj and some of Charles Krauthammer's writings. The truth is out there. The Palestinian's were exiled by their stupidity. They listened to the lies from the rich and powerful Arab states. Ben Gurion said all Palestinian's could stay and be safe those that did were those that didn't lived in camps and became angry with the wrong people. Over and Out

Well my point is that people from all countries were dying in WWII, that whole thing was awful for everyone but its seems only Jews who are not angels themselves get the special treatment and just because they lived there 2000!!! years ago doesn't mean they have rights to that land, think about Native Americans I don't see them getting "their" land back.....

This is a good watch
Yes people of all races and religions died in WW2... but European Jews lost over 2/3 of their number to outright slaughter... no other “group” came close to that... there was a concerted attempt to kill EVERY SINGLE JEW and it came very close to succeeding.

Now, Hamas, despite being granted their own land still has the extermination of Israel and Jews as part of its manifesto.... hard to blame Israel for being harsh with them...

So basically the Palestinians are not under occupation. They’re imagining it. The Exiled European Jews came to Palestine and there were no Palestinians. Not to feel lonely, they invited the Palestinians to come over courtesy of Ben. Oh and the holy bible was actually a real estate deed that decided that Palestine belongs to these Jewish Europeans. Yes that’s what religious scripture really is!

I enjoy Techspot, tech, PCs and gaming. I don’t mind them reporting any story as long as it’s related to tech. Heck I thought the article was written responsibly. Keep it up guys are let’s see more of these Zionists. Let them speak more and show their thoughts. Perhaps someone can properly diagnose them so we can understand what the fuk are they on and we can finally live in peace.

So basically the Palestinians are not under occupation. They’re imagining it. The Exiled European Jews came to Palestine and there were no Palestinians. Not to feel lonely, they invited the Palestinians to come over courtesy of Ben. Oh and the holy bible was actually a real estate deed that decided that Palestine belongs to these Jewish Europeans. Yes that’s what religious scripture really is!

I enjoy Techspot, tech, PCs and gaming. I don’t mind them reporting any story as long as it’s related to tech. Heck I thought the article was written responsibly. Keep it up guys are let’s see more of these Zionists. Let them speak more and show their thoughts. Perhaps someone can properly diagnose them so we can understand what the fuk are they on and we can finally live in peace.

Religious scripture is all well and good... but that's not the basis for Jews having their own state - although many will point to it...

There have been Jews living there for thousands of years - as there have been Palestinians. In the early-mid 20th Century, after 2 world wars, millions of people have been killed, dispossessed, or simply had their borders moved to suit other powers. Yes, these were all terrible things... but they happened... what we have to deal with now are the consequences.

There is a TON of land all over the Middle East that the "Palestinians" (such a term didn't even exist until far after the formation of the state of Israel in 1948 by the way - they were all simply "Arabs", but that's another debate for another time) were forbidden from settling BY THE OTHER ARAB NATIONS!

At the time of the Intifada, the Palestinian people were being treated far better in Israel than any other Arab nation. Shockingly, Israel is the only democracy in the region as well (if you're counting Egypt, I suggest you think a bit harder *cough* COUP *cough*)...

The Arab leaders, all of whom run dictatorships basically fuelled by virtual slaves, use the Palestinians to foment discord in Israel. And they use Israel to provide their own people with an enemy... since if they didn't have Israel, their people might wake up to realize how terribly their leaders are treating them!

Who funds Hamas, ISIS, etc? Arab nations like Saudi Arabia... Of course, since these nations provide the rest of the World with its precious oil (Israel has none), these nations are "humoured" and anti-Israel (I won't call it anti-semitic, since Arabs are also Semites!!) sentiment is allowed to flourish.

Just wait until the Arab nations run out of oil though... once the world is no longer dependant on them, I suspect we'll find out that people can be just as racist towards them as they are against Jews... Jews have always been an easy scapegoat to hate over the centuries - there aren't very many of them and they've never had any real power...

Now they have one tiny little country and everyone likes to pick on them for their "atrocities"... Do I agree with everything Israel has done? NO! Their settlement programs are foolish in my opinion... but before we slam Israel for killing a few Palestinian civilians (whom their own people use as shields), why don't we talk about the THOUSANDS of citizens that the other Arab nations have no problems imprisoning and murdering at will?

Lastly, and what I find most ironic, is that since the rise of the Ottoman Empire centuries ago, it was the Muslims that treated the Jews better than almost any other nation. While Christians were expelling Jews, it was the Ottomans who treated Jews as "almost" citizens - no non-Muslims were true citizens, but as fellow "people of the book", they were treated fairly decently.

The blame for the current hatred stems from the British - who, as usual, pitted both religions against each other in an attempt to hold on to their own influence in the Middle East - kind of like they did in Ireland by transplanting Protestants into the north - which worked out swimmingly for them as well!

Back