Just Cause 3 Review: Open World Fun

Because everyone played just cause 2 for the story...smh.
Its a shame its technically flawed though. JC2 is one of my favorite games to just run around in.

Seems like they had someone review this game who didn't play JC2. It sounds like this game is almost identical with some new features and better graphics, exactly what I want out of my sequels. Another Kotaku article I wish I hadn't read. The performance issues are troubling though, hopefully it will be addressed.

I was going to get it this morning, so I'm glad I read the article. Hopefully they will continue to upgrade it and get the bugs out. I really dislike any game that relies on too many cut scenes, just takes away from the playability too much and the lacking in the storyline, well, that sealed the deal for me so I'll sit back for awhile and see how & if they improve it. I'm a life long gamer and at 60 I can be patient .... until the next BETTER game comes out! LOL

Yes there are constant drops in frame rates, but nvidia just released a new driver for this game a few hours ago. Haven't tested it myself yet.

Shouldn't the review wait until they have proper drivers??? It's like saying a new CPU sucks because you don't have the new socket yet..........

I think on the AMD side there are some issues as well. Granted, they should've been worked out BEFORE the game came out.

Also, some reports say this game runs great in offline mode, which seems to suggest the leaderboards "feature" is causing issues.

Yes there are constant drops in frame rates, but nvidia just released a new driver for this game a few hours ago. Haven't tested it myself yet.

Shouldn't the review wait until they have proper drivers??? It's like saying a new CPU sucks because you don't have the new socket yet..........

I think on the AMD side there are some issues as well. Granted, they should've been worked out BEFORE the game came out.

Also, some reports say this game runs great in offline mode, which seems to suggest the leaderboards "feature" is causing issues.

Broken logic. People (potential buyers) want to know about the game now because they can purchase it now regardless of condition.

You are right a new CPU would certainly suck if there wasn't a platform to support it. If Intel released the Core i7-6700K and for weeks there were no LGA1151 motherboards they would have been trashed across the net, what a bungled release that would be and imagine investing over $300 on a CPU you couldn’t use.

Broken logic. People (potential buyers) want to know about the game now because they can purchase it now regardless of condition.

But if the "condition" of the game is affected by drivers, it's not the game's fault...

In other words, the drivers should actually be out prior to game release, so reviews best reflect what customers can expect. Otherwise it seems reviews have to be done more than once... But maybe that's just the way it goes?

I respect how your review recommends NOT to play it yet, that's rare for a video game review and thanks for the heads up! With that said, have you tried it with the new Nvidia drivers released today that are optimized for JC3?

But if the "condition" of the game is affected by drivers, it's not the game's fault...
In other words, the drivers should actually be out prior to game release, so reviews best reflect what customers can expect. Otherwise it seems reviews have to be done more than once... But maybe that's just the way it goes?
My memory is fuzzy on this, so anyone can correct me, but usually performance problems still lie within the game, or tend to (not that drivers don't cause problems too). AMD and Nvidia are just taking it into their own hands--it being any performance problems they can fix on their end bypassing the developer instead of waiting for the fix to be implemented in the game in question.

Again, don't take as what I'm saying is the problem always lies with the game, or always lies with the driver; it's usually just a bandage solution, which has become expected/mainstream.

I have the new Nvidia drivers and still get FPS drops and stuttering.. Tried playing in offline mode, still get stuttering.

Besides that, there's no FOV adjuster which basically makes the game unplayable for me anyway.
:mad::confused:

Have a look at the General Discussions of JC3 on Steam.

I can't believe we have evolved to an age where post release driver updates and game patches have become "to be expected" even before reviewers review the game. this is just so backwards. a game is a product none the less, if the product requires new driver releases, those new driver releases or game patches should be sold as part of the game at the time of the release. I remember there was a time when driver updates and game patches were terms that were unheard of in regular consumer's everyday lives. going back to memory lane, I remember purchasing Interstate 76 from the local shelf and the game just worked. if there were bugs, they were just bugs that nothing would break the game or hamper your enjoyment of the game.

I can't believe we are now expected to wait for driver releases and several game patches before games can be playable now. just the other day, I finally came to the realization that a "one year" waiting period is pretty much equivalent to the time where a game is generally perfectly playable, well optimized, and mostly bug free. I picked up Assassin's Creed Unity the other day, exactly one year later, boy the game is a joy. it runs well in crossfire, and what an enjoyment compare to the countless problems and complains within the first 6 months. the same with Dragon Age inquisition, and bunch of other now already 1 year old games. they're all at the same state of what I would consider games used to to be on their 1st day of release. basically the modern day game development has gone into real beta release on their launch, and FINAL one year later. this "to me" subjectively has become the real modern day game development timeline.

I have no trouble waiting for 6 months~1 year after game release. I am not in my high school years anymore, I don't have to have things when they first come out. patience has aged along with my wrinkles.

I can't imagine buying my camaro without a functional AC, or an engine that won't rev up all the way without a patch. game development is just so backwards now.

Yes, am not a teenager, but must ask is there a difference between "blowing up as much as possible" and "slowing up as much **** as possible"? Why must grownups continuously pander to the slang and cliches required by teenagers.

Back