Just got a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancidonia

i'm using 8800 gtx
and i was wondering
my new monitor is samsung t240 with native resolution going for 1920x1200
but the display setting only allow me to go 1680x1020 so i was wondering, issit possible for me to get 1920x1200 like from drivers or anything like that?

i did went tru the search content and none of them are actually answering my question or let say i dont know what to put into the search bar due to my poor english.

thanks in advance tho

These are the newest Nvidia 8xxx series drivers; http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.50_whql.html Download and SAVE the file to the desktop, before you try installing them. You can go to "Device" Manager for the actual install. Control panel > Performance and Maintainence > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device manager There will be options for both updating the driver and rolling it back if that doesn't help.

It usually doesn't matter, monitors should be plug and play, but did the monitor come with software?

I have experienced graphics problems such as the one you're describing, and sometimes you can turn the machine off, unplug it, bleed any residual charge off by holding the power button in and restarting. The same goes for the monitor itself.

I'm guessing you're using XP as the operating system. You are keeping it a secret.

the monitor did come with the software, which i dont exactly .. well it's not exactly useful but i'll explore it more later,

now i'm staying with 1680x1020 and will do something about it when i'm free later

thanks for the reply tho and especially the rollback part, i didn't knew that until you mentioned it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back