Status
Not open for further replies.

ali999

Hi

I have a windows vista 32-bit system. My specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.00GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
VIDEO: NVIDIA 9600GT
I recently started having this problem where I get the blue screen of death. This seems to be happening randomly so I cannot figure out what is causing it. I thought at first that there may be an issue with the registry but after several system restores and now a full clean install of windows later, the problem still exists. I have tried looking in event viewer but nothing there seems to help me either. Only think I can think of is that I recently cleaned my computer out and even replaced the thermal compounds on my CPU and video card but after monitoring system temps, it doesn't seem like overheating is the issue. I am now completely stumped. Is there some sort of scan anyone know about you can do to check all hardware? I have made no changes to my computer recently. I have a dual boot with linux setup on my system, and linux seems to run fine. Upon restarting, I get the following error notification:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: 9D92D000
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 81836100
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Your error and definition: 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Without any more information and with the randomness you mention it sounds like corrupted memory may be your problem. So I suggest you run Memtest on your RAM.

See this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

vista comes with a memory diagnostic tool which i have ran. The test only scans for 2 passes but that detected no errors. I will run the full test as you suggested later tonight. Also, do you know of anyway i can test the memory on my video card? When i cleaned out my computer i took apart the heat sink assembly on the card and replaced the compound in there and what not, although I think it is highly unlikely that i messed up something there, it would still be nice if i can test it.

hi:)
Lucky i found a recent post about crashes... i would've started another one tho....

i'm encountering a 'blue screen' crash too before my computer even starts up.
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down.......
stop: 0x000007f (0000,000,0,000)"
I don't really know how many 0's there are, the blue screen goes away in about 10 seconds.

I've run memtest, and the computer shuts off before the memtest completes itself.
Running in safe mode only lasts a few minutes? before it crashes too...

i ran memtest86 for 5 passes before i shut it off and did not find any errors. any suggestions?

t8c8...sounds to me like your computer might be overheating. try getting some temperature monitoring program like speedfan and see what the temps are at.

helloo....any ideas anyone? i'm stumped here.

You need to run memtest for a minimum of 7 Passes. Every time it cycles through to a new set of tests it is throwing something new at your RAM. I have seen people not catch errors until the 6th time through, others at 11 Passes and so on. One person I know finally received errors at PAss 26.

I am not saying you have to do that many passes nor am I saying memory is your issue, but 7 Passes (some say 10) is the minimum for this test.

Hi, i ran memtest for 9 passes, and i ddnt get any errors but 0x07f is still stopping me. the shutting off part was the overheating (my bad on that) but i got it done with, ran memtest, 0 errors, but it the bsod's still there.
I don't get it, it was jst... 2 weeks ago, i was surfing the web (it was the only browser open) then crash. never got it to open up properly again.

what is the error code for the shutdown. Try running debug on your memory.dmp file then post the results. Do the full analysis.

Hi, i ran memtest for 9 passes, and i ddnt get any errors but 0x07f is still stopping me. the shutting off part was the overheating (my bad on that) but i got it done with, ran memtest, 0 errors, but it the bsod's still there.
I don't get it, it was jst... 2 weeks ago, i was surfing the web (it was the only browser open) then crash. never got it to open up properly again.

t8c8, in the future you really need to start your own thread. This is ali999's thread and the emphasis needs to be on her issues.

That being said, have you considered that you might be infected especially since you started having these issues after you were on the internet? I strongly suggest that you go to the Virus & malware removal forum, read the 8 Steps sticky, follow it step by step, and post there with the three required logs.

Okay, then attach your five latest minidumps to your next post.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

zipped file is attached. i was looking over the debug info and noticed the line

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

i dunno what this means but is it maybe that utorrent was the issue. Although I have had this program working for over a year now with no problems. I setup my comp so i can download the same torrents in windows and continue them ubuntu. But utorrent is not native to linux so maybe it somehow messed up the disks there...jsut my guess.

All errors are 0x50 and all cited a core Windows OS driver but these are too general to be of much help.

And PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe was in all five minidumps. I would fully uninstall and see if that brings you stability. Also, scan for infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back