Keep getting blue screen

I get this blue screen 4-5 times a week when I play sc2...try finding out what it means..not luck with there... check hard drive,ram etc... can someone help me out.

Attachments

• blue screen.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled.zip
    191.4 KB · Views: 0
The information you gave via your attachments, though it told us the error code, didn't give anything else by way of information. Please do the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

*** It is late and so I need to go to bed but I'll attempt to read them some time tomorrow unless someone else comes along and reads your files first.

*** Also, do you get BSODs at any other time or just when playing sc2?

ok i put it in zip i have 6 erros, one of them it will show like date of 2002 but its 2010 my pc got messed up change the date on my pc etc... i hope you will be able to help me out

I read five of your files and all five are the same 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many.

Three of the five specifically cited hardware_disk as the the issue. Therefore, A.S.A.P. back up everything of importance. There is a very strong chance your harddrive is failing and to retrieve information from a crashed HD is expensive.

Then find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Burn it to a CD and do the tests especially the long one.

* Get back to us with the results.

@Route44
In case you are not aware, CrystalDiskInfo can provide a quick-check of drive health.
You might like to check it out.
If it shows disk problems then move on to next steps per usual.
If it shows no problems, a drive check may still be in order.
Like I said... a quick check. Hope this helps. ;)

@Route44
In case you are not aware, CrystalDiskInfo can provide a quick-check of drive health.
You might like to check it out.
If it shows disk problems then move on to next steps per usual.
If it shows no problems, a drive check may still be in order.
Like I said... a quick check. Hope this helps. ;)

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out. Question: Since in his case there is a good chance his harddrive might fail CrystalDiskInfo isn't a subsitute for the more extensive HD diagnostic utilities, correct?

Not a substitute for data preservation - so not at this point; no.
Migrate / Preserve data is still first order of business.

Optional second step would be CrystalDiskInfo -
(This does a check of S.M.A.R.T. and reports temps, as well as other technical information)
This could possibly render the Short and Long tests unnecessary, saving time.
If CrystalDiskInfo does not show problems, then still run short and long tests.

Note:
A S.M.A.R.T. failure indicates that your drive is at risk for imminent failure. If your drive has failed S.M.A.R.T. and you are still able to access your data WD recommends backing up your data as quickly as possible. Once backed up, you should replace your drive.

Short and LongTests (depending on provider) may provide options for marking bad sectors for non-use, and for migrating files from those bad sectors.
But, if I found significant problems with a drive, with the price of drives today, I would just replace.
(as per suggestion of WD, quoted above).

I agree on replacing drives because of such low prices. However, more than once I have seen drives Pass SMART and even short but fail in the long ones. Thus my question.

@ Dante - I have the highest respect for Route44... you are in good hands here. :approve:
Look at his post tally and mine, and his tenure here as compared to mine! Who you gonna call? ;)

@ Route44
And, the utility from the drive maker will do the SMART check too.
So, CrystalDiskInfo could be seen as redundant as well as not conclusive 100% of the time... So why use it? :confused:
I just see it as a very quick tool which can sometimes be a helpful intermediate step.
I was not challenging your approach in any way. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Back