Keyboard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafninja

OS Vista Ultimate SP1

Ok here is the issue USB Legacy is enabled in bios for those that will ask first. I have Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. I have a receiver that has a PS2 connection for the keyboard and usb for the mouse (Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A). Often I have an issue where when I get to the login screen the keyboard will not work but the mouse does not. I have used on screen keyboard and under devices the keyboard is not showing. On instances where it works it will show up as PS2 Keyboard. Ok so I thought get a new keyboard and mouse so in comes the wireless keyboard 3000 the receiver on it has 1 usb connection. On it I can not get to work at all when I get to the pre startup screen where the green progress bar is at the bottom the lights on the receiver go off and from then on nothing. I try connecting the keyboard and mouse and nothing it will not successfully get a connection. Any thoughts.

yes I installed all drivers and also went through device manager to make sure to check individual drivers as well all were showing up to date.

I get to the login screen the keyboard will not work but the mouse does not.

Did you mean the double negative here> not/not? Or did you mean one works but the other does not.

I have a wireless keyboard, mouse and receiver. This would be my order of business for this problem,:
1. Check batteries in keyboard and mouse.
2. "Reintroduce" the mouse to the receiver by placing them bottom to bottom. There should be a small picture of the on the bottom of each.

One or both of these have always worked for me.

Meant that the mouse works at the login screen but the keyboard does not (with the ps2/usb receiver).

I will try the reintroducing them as well to see if that helps.

yeah the batteries are fine though I may change them out for giggles just to make sure. no offense taken as sometimes the most simple solution is the correct solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back