Keyboard problems

Hi, my daughters keyboard has stopped working, well I say stopped working a few keys work and thats all, now I've tried all the usual fixits and its still not working, then she came up to me and said "Dad will steam break your laptop !!!" I have now found out that she took it in the bathroom when she was in the shower and that the room was full of steam !, the question I'm asking is, will this have just ruined the keyboard or will it have done some other internal damage. I've had the keyboard out and it looks fine and so does everthing else......plzzzz help she's doing my head in about fixing it...the cheeky little minx she broke it !!

Cheers
thehairybige

Steam can cause numerous problems. But it does sound like you've had the laptop turned on at least once since then, so you may have dodged the biggest bullet.
If it's just the keyboard that's not working, you can try plugging in a usb keyboard and see if that works. If so, you might just need to replace the internal keyboard (steam could make the matrix inside the keyboard get stuck together).

I would try the cheapest fix of all, just wait, let it dry out, give it a day or two.
Take off the battery, and any panels you can easily remove underneath, to let the air get in. Stand the laptop on one side so any moisture runs off the board to one edge.
If a separate USB external keyboard works and the laptop's keyboard still doesn't work after a few days, then it could well need replacing.

Back