Keyboard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my keyboard. When I move my mouse I lose control of my keyboard until I have stopped moving the mouse, and even then I have to wait about 2 seconds before the keyboard functions properly. During these times when my keyboard does not work he num lock light will blink rapidly and can be used as the indicator for when the keyboard is working and when it is not.

Also, sometimes when I first turn my computer on neither mouse or keyboard will work and I will get the sticky keys error message.

As it is I can not use my computer for very much and I was hoping that someone here could lend me a hand. Thanks in advance.

What kind of keyboard / mouse is it also what Operating system do you have ( some older OS like 98 and stuff might not work with your keyboard because some keyboards like the G11 have System Requirements to use it )

Also you could try to update your keyboard / mouse drivers from their manufacture's website or Google them

Hope I helped ;)

Also Smore9648 might be right, Make a thread in Security Thread and howard will check to see if you have viruses and go to Bestbuy and buy some Compressed Air to clean out the keyboard.

The OS is Windows XP and I'm still using the same mouse and keyboard that have always been connected to the computer. My father has already been over the entire computer with a can of compressed air, so it is clean. I think that I probably do have a virus that my Anti-Virus (AVG Free Edition) can not find or take care of. I'll make a thread in the Security Thread and hope that this problem of mine can be resolved quickly. Thanks again for the information and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back