Kitty walks on keyboard, screen goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kitty has a habit of walking on my keyboard, and hits some button or combo of buttons; and the screen goes black! Drives me nuts cause I don't know what he's hitting, and wiggling the mouse around doesn't do anything; I have to reboot my comp everytime. I have a desktop HP pavilion a1720n, with the vista operating system. Anyone have any clue what button or combo of buttons he could be hitting to cause this? Thanks in advance!

Well, I have a 'kitten on the keys' also! Her usual buttons are the Caps lock and releasing the Numbers Lock! If you're using a desktop, I suggest you just turn the keyboard over when not in use. That's what I do. Since rebooting restores use, it's not something major.

I do suggest though, that you keep her OFF the keyboard while you're using it.If you're on a laptop, close it when not using. It may be a struggle at first, but it can be done. You kitty will still love you!

I don't see a button labeled "power" on my keyboard, what does it look like? and I think I will start turning my keyboard over when I'm out of the room, thanks for the replies :)

If you do not have one on your keyboard maybe she walked in front of the case and hit the little button that is usually close to the power button on the case. Next time it happens check it out by giving that little button a quick tap. You may find she has simply put your system to sleep!!!

My desktop keyboard doesn't have a power button either. And I can't imagine a cat depressing the power button that is on the CPU(tower). But it could have been a combination for instant shutdown, which can vary.

My desktop keyboard doesn't have a power button either. And I can't imagine a cat depressing the power button that is on the CPU(tower). But it could have been a combination for instant shutdown, which can vary.
I do not mean the power button on the pc but the smaller button (reset) which is adjacent to it- on many cases it only needs the slightest touch to trigger it and it is possible to set it to to put the computer into sleep mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back