Known issues Intel mobo DX58SO2

Poppa Bear

I am thinking of upgrading to an Intel DX58SO2 motherboard with i7 960 CPU and running 6GB of DDR3 1600 RAM.

Does anyone know if there are there any known serious issues with this mobo?

This board has several new features over it's predecessor, the DX56SO, including:

- 2 each of SATA 6 and USB 3 extreme speed ports

- 48GB RAM capability

Has it lost any features from the original board?

It looks like a solid motherboard that will run well. There was a time when Intel motherboards had minimal features compared to other motherboard manufacturers boards

It looks like a solid motherboard that will run well. There was a time when Intel motherboards had minimal features compared to other motherboard manufacturers boards
Thanks Tmagic. Since making this post and doing a bit more resrearch I went ahead and purchased the board and CPU, plus 6GB of Corsair C7 Low Latency Dominator RAM, and so far apart from a few "getting to know you" issues, I'm very impressed. It's certainly a big step up from core 2 duo.

Main issues were it wouldn't load XP which I wanted as well as Win7 Ult 64bit. I had to download SATA/RAID and Chipset drivers and slipstream them into an nLite iso image of XP Pro before it would load. Also my Acronis rescue boot disc wouldn't boot ... but after getting an Acronis update that was resolved.

The only problem I still have is that Nero 8 Essentials won't run properly on Win7 Ult. I tried disabling Windows burning software, but then Nero couldn't mult-partiton DVDs so files could be added later.

It shows the disc being burnt as multi-partition, but after it's burnt the disc has been closed to any changes. I still haven't resolved that and for the time being am using Win burning software with UDL format to use discs like a flash drive.

Despite those issues I'm still very impressed over all.

Cheers PB :)

Back