Laptop has a mind of its own

Cephas

Occasionally, no matter what I'm doing, but especially when I'm typing, my laptop will think that I've pressed one of more of its "touch buttons" like the ones shown at the top here:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2hfv5L99Z34/S75b9RZG5VI/AAAAAAAAAhs/DXAUqJEn174/s1600/DSC_7116.jpg

This usually ends up pausing/skipping a song or adjusting the volume, but occasionally she'll open up the "Windows Mobility Center". Not only this, but strangely she'll sometimes confuse the Enter key for the "Cog" touch button that opens WMC; ie. my message won't be sent but WMC will be opened/switched to no matter how many times I repeatedly spam it. This only happens for a few seconds at a time, and very rarely, but its still worth mentioning.

This seems to be happening more and more frequently and I'm worrying that something could be exacerbating it.

If anyone thinks they might have any advice would be much appreciated.

Sound like the keyboard. Try hooking a usb keyboard to the laptop. To see if you still have the same problem.

Have you tried disabling the touch buttons? or even uninstalling the driver specifically for the touch buttons?

Back