Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

Hey Fred,

Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

Hey Fred,

Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know how it went

Thank you for your replies. I tried them both, but it didn't make a difference. The problem is still here.

I guess it must be hardware or keyboard related

Try hooking up a USB keyboard. Use it and see if you still have that problem. If not . Then you most likely need to have the laptops keyboard replaced.

Remove the keyboard from your laptop and remove the keys that are not working. You can do this by levering it just right from a corner, or a side. When removing keys from the keyboard via the corner of the key it lessens the chances of it breaking. However with wider keys like the space bar and the enter key. Always pry from the bottom. Once you have them off, clean with rubbing alcohol under the key, and where the key is located on the board. Once all is done and clean the keys will snap back on. With it being an older laptop how ever the space bar may have an actual thin metal bar underneath it. If so, just line that bar with the slots it is associated with on the board.

Back