Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

1) My 2 year old ACER Aspire 5 keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities. First, the numbers on the 10 key wouldn't type at all. Checked Num Lock, fine, then tried to type numbers at top of keyboard, well, some typed the right number but most didn't or typed more than one number.

2) Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus, clean. Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off, clean. Took out battery, nada.

3) Restored computer to the day before any problems. Changed nothing. Pressed every key to see if something was stuck or key broken. None.

4) The Delete, Backspace, Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all. So basically, the entire keyboard is not working due to something. If I type any one key, some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine.

5) I have always had issues with the keyboard. I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing. It is so annoying. Why is it hopping all over the place?

6) A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems. I found several "sticky keys" problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly. He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean...

7) Can anyone help me???

Thank you,
Shawnascy

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

If you have another keyboard, try it. You never know. Might also go into the Control Panel & under the keyboard part, check out the settings. Good luck. :)

Back