Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Usually, I'd have the same mindset as you, having bought too many "get it cheap so I can fix it" items. That haven't been fixed!
However with this laptop being reasonably high spec (at least for me) and since it is sold as spares&repairs, I am trying to weigh up it's reduced cost verses the time time required to fix.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390346278865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

laptop specs
-------------------------------
HP Pavilion dv7-3105 17"
Intel Core i7 Q720
4GB
500GB
etc. etc.

P.S Pardon me for the late response, it was time for shut eye in the UK =P

Back