Laptop will not start

Okay so I have a dell d610 - and when it is on it runs perfectly mine so much so that I can play a game online sync photos and download from iTunes - but when it get shut down if doesnt come back on for at least 3 hours and at most a whole 24 hours. The battery light just does a slow green flash and when I check it it says its fully charged. When I press the power button the little indicator lights will come on and the screen gets ready then after like three seconds it all goes off again. So far this is the longest it's been off which is going on two days now. I'm not sure if I explained clear enough but any help would be greatly appreciated.

When it switches on, does the screen show anything such as a logo or some sort of way into the BIOS? It could be an overheating issue especially with the processor where the fan has failed. To stop the processor from destroying itself by overheating depending on the make, it can sometime shut itself down atomatically. How old is the laptop? Check that the fan is working (normally makes a small noise with hot or cold air coming out and is generally located on the upper part of the keyboard section on the laptop.

Back