Laptop won't connect to wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just purchased a Sony Vaio NW235D laptop and it will not connect to my wireless router. Currently I have a D-Link DI-524 router and I'm thinking it's not compatible with Windows 7, which my laptop comes with.

My laptop can search for my wireless connection but every time I click on connect it tells me "Windows cannot connect to my wireless". I've tried resetting the router, I've hooked up my laptop to my PC connection and it can't search/won't recognize my d-link router.

Is there anything else I can try to make it connect or will I need to purchase a new wireless router?

Thanks.

The D-Link DI-524 was discontinued January 1, 2009, but it works fine with my copy of Windows 7.

Have you tried a complete uninstall, and reinstall... of all the related software. I use a Registry editor to get all the old files off before the reinstall.

Since your system doesn't see the d-Link router, I suspect it has reached the end of its useful product life... It is, after all, seven years old or so...

I don't recall having difficulties with mine when Windows 7 came along, but I have had to rassle with some DI- Dlink units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back