Laptop won't start - missing dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.

williaml337

Hi.
I managed to delete a dll file: ATGinahook.dll which caused the laptop it was installed on to fail to start, giving the message

"The logon user interface DLL ATGinaHook.dll failed to load.
Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the orginal DLL"

The laptop won't start in safe mode, or in normal mode, or under using "last known good configuration".
Upon removing the laptop SATA Hard disk and connecting it to my desktop PC, I can view the files on it, but can't locate the recycle bin where the dll file I need now sits. Also I can't locate any folder named "recycler".

The other option is a complete reinstall (or even repair) of Windows. I would do this but upon Windows loading from CD, the installer tells me there are no drives connected to the laptop, which presents a bit of a brick wall. I tried a couple of times, and ensured the HDD was pushed in fully. The XP disk I am using has SP2 and is not the original disk that came with the laptop. The original disk, if there ever was one, is gone.

Heeelp!! Please.

Assuming you are using a SATA HDD you might need to provide SATA drivers in order for it to be recognized...

Try looking here: http://afreedll.com/ or google for your missing dll file and see if you can add it back into your dll library folder. Hopefully this will allow your machine to function normally again. Best to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back