LCD monitor issues, help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just need some help pinpointing the issue with my Digimate LCD.

The problem is that when i plug the AC adapter in the screen flickers on and off rapidly but doesnt start, the power light on the actual monitor doesnt come on at all but the ac adapter power light flickers along with the screen, the screen never resolves into a picture, just flashes around the edges like it's trying to switch on but can't.

I don't know if this could be an issue with the backlight (which i'd assume wouldn't cause the adapter to flicker and would show a constant power light but no picture) or an inverter issue or in fact a problem with the adapter.

I'm hoping it's the adapter because i can't really afford a new LCD right now but im more inclined to believe it's the inverter... which is bad because i have no idea what replacement would be compatible.

the monitor model is Digimate model L-1916 19" TFT LCD monitor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

if it's backlight problem then probably u can see the contents of desktop if you look closely with the light source(torch).When i had backlight problem few month back,my monitor's power led went on/off constantly.try search ur problem in fixya.com if u haven't tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back