LCD TV backlight bleed

St1ckM4n

Heyo. I recently picked up an edge-lit LED LCD TV.

Could I bother you guys with other edge-lit LCD's for a photo please? I need dark room (night, lights off everywhere) and a black screen on the TV.

I'm on my second TV now, and I'm not sure if my expectations for LCD are set too high. I'll post my pics later.

Any pictures need to be at a controlled exposure otherwise comparing them is pretty meaningless.

Backlight bleed is pretty common with edge lit LED TVs, mine is also pretty bad in a dark room with dark scenes. However most of the time there will be lighting in the room which makes it pretty much unnoticeable.

For me, I can still compare the difference in contrast of the: a) bleed; b) darkest color of panel; c) darkest non-TV area of photo.

I'm probably going to rig up an LED strip to run behind the TV facing the wall behind it, hooked up via USB or something. I've had it for a 24inch PC monitor and it was pretty good in minimising bleed and improving contrast ratio.

Bump.

My third TV is still bad. The third one was from a different batch with pretty much the same symptoms. Tomorrow I'm either getting a fourth, or starting on LG tv's.

Attached are some pics showing how bad it is. Can anyone else share theirs?

Attachments

• IMG_20130916_182419.jpg
    IMG_20130916_182419.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20130916_212132.jpg
    IMG_20130916_212132.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 9
Back