LCD TV keeps shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

b33kewl

I bought an ilo HDTV. It was working well for two years, but it now shuts down whenever I play HD movies or HD games. It doesn't shut off when I play SD, though. I also tried to set the temperature to cool, but it didn't help. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? In addition, it's a 32 in LCD.

That is usually the early stage of a permanent failure of the LCD... Usually in the early stages of failure, it will shut off the screen repeatedly without warning... sometime down the road, it will not come back on when you depress the on button. This is most frequent on models such as ViewSonic, Envision, Visio, no name brands, and other low cost LCD or HDTV devices.

I do not know a fix, because the parts are hard to obtain.

^Okay, but what does it only shut off when I play HD content? It plays standard definition television/movies fine.

Because it is dying in its own way... intensity of what is on the screen had little or nothing to do with the final failure.

Yeah, I understand now. I guess I'll have to buy a new TV. Also, I was kinda assuming that was happening. I mean, if I shut my tv off all night, it'll play HD content for 20 minutes, but then it would shut off. So I'm assuming, as time passes, it'll start shutting off when I'm playing standard definition too, right? And then it will stop turning on, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back