Lenovo announces 17-inch Y70 Touch gaming notebook, starting at $1,299

Shawn Knight

Staff member

lenovo y70 touch gaming laptop gaming notebook gaming laptop

Thin and light gaming laptops that don’t sacrifice on screen size are hot right now and Lenovo wants in on the action. The company on Wednesday unveiled the Y70 Touch, a 17-inch gaming machine that tips the scales at 7.5 pounds.

Update: Read our review of the Lenovo Y70 Touch here.

Lenovo isn’t yet offering up a ton of details on the new system but here’s what we know so far.

The Y70 Touch includes a 17.3-inch touchscreen display operating at 1,920 x 1,080 (touchscreen being an interesting choice for a gaming system). Options are said to include up to a current-generation Intel Core i7 processor, a maximum of 16GB of RAM and up to a 4GB Nvidia GTX 860M discrete graphics card.

Storage needs can be met with either a 256GB solid state drive or a 1TB hybrid drive with 8MB of cache while battery life is said to check in at five hours.

Some may argue that 7.5 pounds doesn’t exactly qualify as lightweight but I suppose it all depends on what you are comparing it against. Having previously worked with Maingear’s 12+ pound Titan gaming notebook, I’d certainly consider the Y70 Touch to be on the slimmer side.

It may not be as impressive spec-wise as the recently reviewed MSI GS70 Stealth Pro gaming notebook but it also doesn’t carry the same $2.099.99 price tag. Lenovo will offer multiple pre-configured solutions (sorry, no custom builds) starting at $1,299 as of sometime next month.

Permalink to story.

Lenovo has really been on a roll with the Y-line as of late. The value you get is just incredible. I have a Y560P from 2010 that is still working great.

Lenovo has really been on a roll with the Y-line as of late. The value you get is just incredible. I have a Y560P from 2010 that is still working great.

My brother just got the Y50 today, and it's a beast of a machine. Having the above package in a smaller form factor, it games like a boss.

I really hoped they'd do a 14" version though. 2.5kg is just a bit too heavy for my liking

My brother just got the Y50 today, and it's a beast of a machine. Having the above package in a smaller form factor, it games like a boss.

I really hoped they'd do a 14" version though. 2.5kg is just a bit too heavy for my liking
They have the Y40 that is 14" :).

I will not buy a Chinese laptop. I don't trust that is does not have spyware installed
90% of the products in the world come from China... something is bound to have spyware installed. Plus your smartphone is probably built in China.

90% of the products in the world come from China... something is bound to have spyware installed. Plus your smartphone is probably built in China.
But Lenovo is state owned. Did you look at the link? Don't be a mindless sheep.

But Lenovo is state owned. Did you look at the link? Don't be a mindless sheep.
I am the "mindless sheep" here? Did you read the update in the Geek.com article? Here it is for you buddy:

Update: Lenovo has been in touch with the following statement:

Lenovo has no additional comment on recent reports in the Australia Financial Review. We would like to point out the public statement by the Australia Department of Defence available on their web site that says “This reporting is factually incorrect. There is no Department of Defence ban on the Lenovo Company or their products; either for classified or unclassified systems.”

Who is the "mindless sheep" now?

I am the "mindless sheep" here? Did you read the update in the Geek.com article? Here it is for you buddy:

Who is the "mindless sheep" now?

You perfectly rubbed dirt onto rub900's face like 900 times ))

Back