Lindsay Lohan loses Grand Theft Auto V lawsuit appeal

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Lindsay Lohan in 2014 filed a lawsuit against Take-Two Interactive, alleging the distributor and publisher used her image and likeness for an in-game character in Grand Theft Auto V without her consent.

The character in question, Lacey Jonas, shows up during a mission in which players must help her evade the paparazzi. Lohan in the suit claimed her image, voice and even clothing style had been lifted for the game.

Grand Theft Auto V has been a massive success for Take-Two and Rockstar, recently surpassing the 90 million copies sold mark.

The suit was dismissed in 2016 when an appeals court in Manhattan explained that the game’s “unique story, characters, dialogue, and environment, combined with the player's ability to choose how to proceed in the game, render it a work of fiction and satire.”

This week, New York State’s highest court seemingly put the final nail in the coffin.

On Thursday, Judge Eugene Fahey said the amended complaint was dismissed because the artistic renderings are “indistinct, satirical representations of the style, look, and persona of a modern, beach-going young woman that are not reasonably identifiable as plaintiff.”

The court also dismissed a similar claim against Take-Two by Karen Gravano, a cast member in the reality TV series Mob Wives, regarding another character in GTA V.

Permalink to story.

Really? She kinda sounds like her but that's really where the similarities stop. Everything else is common and is just dumb to claim is "yours". But, but, but, she has blonde hair! Oh give me a break...

Was there not real voice actors used? So seriously why would anyone credit her on voice likeness? You can't sue someone for having a voice that sounds like your own. And that is about what this amounts too.

I didn't know who this person was, Upon looking at her picture I can't even imagine how she imagined she could win this, She looks nothing like in most pictures, Best you can say is sometimes her hair and eye colours are a match, If that is all we go on then thats me in the picture too.

You can go to any SoCal beach and find a thousand young ladies who look and act like that character. In fact, same for the other characters in the story.

A total "shot in the dark for easy money" lawsuit by Lohan who can't find legitimate work these days because she's a mess and no one wants to deal with her.

Rock Star should sue Lindsay for whatever she has left for getting surgery to look like an animation rock star created. There is no way lacey jones looks like lindsay lohan there is 0 resemblance all this just sound like a quick pay day cause no one wants to star her for anything. I hear more news about miley cyrus then lindsay.

It actually looks like any blond actress/bimbo with "D" implants, and a swimming pool full of hydrogen peroxide at her disposal.

(Although Ms. Lohan is arguably an "all natural girl", with southward sagging tendencies in her, "old age", as it were).

Last edited:
Wow poor rich celeb can't get free money?
Should be a counter suit for BS accusation, legal fees and being a general fool.

Wow poor rich celeb can't get free money?
Should be a counter suit for BS accusation, legal fees and being a general fool.
Ms. Lohan, like Rose McGowan, is a has-been. And just look at all the crap the former "Charmed" star,(?), started.

Back