Live-action Far Cry 5 short film arrives on Amazon Prime next week

midian182

Staff member

There have been plenty of movie adaptations of video games in the past, the overwhelming majority of which have been utter garbage. But Ubisoft is trying something a bit different with Far Cry 5. The company has teamed up with Amazon Prime to create a live-action short film based on the game, and it will be released on the streaming service next week.

‘Inside Eden’s Gate’ features Far Cry 5’s Montana cult but follows the story of three vloggers, who aren’t in the game. The trio head to Hope County to follow the leads of missing locals and other strange events, before meeting Eden’s Gate leader Joseph Seed, who is played by Greg Bryk (A History of Violence) in both the movie and the game. It also stars American Sniper’s Kyle Gallner.

The short will be available on Amazon Prime this Monday, March 5, and is being produced in partnership with Legendary Entertainment’s Asylum division. Let’s hope it will be better than the 2008 Far Cry movie; another painful experience from Uwe Boll—the director behind such legendary video game adaptations as House of the Dead, Postal, and Alone in the Dark, easily one of the worst movies of all time

Keeping with the live action theme, Ubisoft released another trailer for Far Cry 5 earlier this week, which you can see below. It shows how Seed and Hope County pastor Jerome Jeffries came to be enemies, with the cult leader appearing to have killed his former friend’s daughter.

Far Cry 5 arrives on March 27. Check out the PC requirements here.

Permalink to story.

Thus far I'm not seeing a big difference between FAR CRY 5 and Far Cry 4.

Hopefully it will be a good adventure.

Far Cry 3 and 4 both had a sweet spot while you are leveling-up and gaining inventory-space and gaining access to new weapons, but still very much vulnerable. Once you level up and gain the most destructive weapons you become all-but-invincible. I actually appreciate the DLC content which strips you of your abilities and forces you to level up again.

Thus far I'm not seeing a big difference between FAR CRY 5 and Far Cry 4.

Hopefully it will be a good adventure.

Far Cry 3 and 4 both had a sweet spot while you are leveling-up and gaining inventory-space and gaining access to new weapons, but still very much vulnerable. Once you level up and gain the most destructive weapons you become all-but-invincible. I actually appreciate the DLC content which strips you of your abilities and forces you to level up again.
Agreed. I'm hoping it has enough to differentiate it - the Far Cry series, like the AC series, has sort of become a bit formulaic over time. I guess that's kind of Ubisoft's "thing" now.

I sort of wish the vulnerable elements had remained throughout the game, but I understand many players enjoy the feeling of power progression, so I get why Ubi went the way they did with earlier titles.

I think Far Cry 2, for all of its problems, nailed the overall "feeling" of surviving in a hostile environment without over-the-top survival elements. You just felt at risk throughout the entire game.

Agreed. I'm hoping it has enough to differentiate it - the Far Cry series, like the AC series, has sort of become a bit formulaic over time. I guess that's kind of Ubisoft's "thing" now.

I sort of wish the vulnerable elements had remained throughout the game, but I understand many players enjoy the feeling of power progression, so I get why Ubi went the way they did with earlier titles.

I think Far Cry 2, for all of its problems, nailed the overall "feeling" of surviving in a hostile environment without over-the-top survival elements. You just felt at risk throughout the entire game.

Far Cry Instincts was pretty damned good. Especially for an Xbox title.

Back