Login to w 10 with no login

learninmypc

Exactly what title says, twice I've had to reset my laptop because because my log in PIN or password were not recognised. I tried this

Way 1: Skip Windows 10 login screen with netplwiz
  1. Press Win + R to open Run box, and enter "netplwiz". Click OK to open User Accounts dialog.
  2. Uncheck "User must enter a user name and password to use the computer".
  3. Click Apply and if there is pop-up dialog, please confirm the user account and enter its password.
My laptop https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GXUAA.002

Last edited:
If I were you. I would create a backup local Admin account right away. You can always logon to the 2nd account when things go south on the main account. That way you are never stuck! =)

I understand, but I don't like being "forced" to have to log in period. IF I did as you said, would your instructions work on ANY W10? I have received help for other things that did not work on mine.

When you are being asked to login with a Pin# that tells me that you created a login with a Microsoft Account which usually means an email address and a password and a pin#. I noticed that when you use an account like that it really really wants to be connected to the Internet during the login process. That's why I say......Now that you are logged in.....create a backup local admin account. Something to fall back on.

When I build computers for customers I make sure I create a local account and I just call it "User". There is a trick you have to know if the Windows 10 is the "Home Edition". The trick is.... NOT to connect to the Internet when you are creating the account. If you do that, you will be able to create a local account no problem. If you connect to the Internet first then there is no way to get out of creating a Microsoft Account login.

?
Why does that matter to this conversation?
Because you said this " The trick is.... NOT to connect to the Internet when you are creating the account. If you do that, you will be able to create a local account no problem. If you connect to the Internet first then there is no way to get out of creating a Microsoft Account login. ".

/nod..remember this is in the context of building a computer and creating a local account. If the computer you are building has WIFI only, and you are going to join the Internet to download updates. You just do that after you have created the local account. Just click "I don't have the Internet" ...create the local account and then join the wireless access point to get to the Internet after.

As I said in my first post , I logged in with my PIN but it did not accept it. I finally clicked the "eye" thing & saw it was incorrectly inputting wrong characters.
Since it is working correct now with no login necessary, I'm happy, thanks for your input :)

Back