Logitech unveils the G305, an affordable lag-free wireless gaming mouse

Polycount

Staff

It's no secret that PC gamers value their peripherals. Keyboards, monitors, and mice are all important tools that can improve the PC gaming experience significantly.

However, high-quality peripherals can often be pretty pricey, putting the devices out of range of budget-conscious gamers. Logitech understands this if their latest product announcement is anything to go by.

Recently, the company unveiled their G305 gaming mouse, a $60 device that boasts Logitech's "Lightspeed" wireless technology and a "High Efficiency Rated Optical" (HERO) sensor.

Marketing lingo aside, the primary draw with the G305 will likely be Lightspeed technology. Prior to the G305's unveiling, Lightspeed tech was only available in Logitech's more expensive, high-end gaming mice.

For the unaware, Lightspeed is essentially an ultra-low-latency form of wireless transmission technology, meaning your gaming experience with a Lightspeed-powered mouse will be virtually lag-free.

The HERO sensor, on the other hand, will apparently contain "400 IPS precision and sensitivity up to 12,000 DPI," with no noticeable acceleration or smoothing.

Logitech claims that the HERO sensor was developed with power efficiency in mind, meaning you can reportedly get "250 hours of continuous gameplay" on a single AA battery.

If you want to give the G305 a whirl for yourself, you can pre-order the device now through Logitech's official website. The device is expected to ship out later in May.

Permalink to story.

Still love my G602, been running two of them lately got one for my desktop and one for my main laptop.

Last edited:
Big difference between lag free (headline) and low latency (article text).
Pre-order, AGAIN, what are we, Pavlov's dogs that are so conditioned we can't even wait for the goods to arrive? Instead the bell rings and the salivating starts. At this rate in 10 years stores will be empty of real goods and just be full of ads that let you know what you can pre-order.

Does this mouse actually run on disposable batteries? In 2018?

You haven't heard of rechargeable AA batteries? In 2018?

I prefer as light a mouse as possible (AA batteries are heavy), but I also value not having to remember to plug the mouse to charge every single day. I will consider getting this mouse. I have been looking for a wireless mouse for a while. Razer is on my boycott list.

I like how the video advertised 12000 dpi.....as if it's something to tout about lol. me ol redragon mouse here has 16400 dpi with 18 buttons for 20 dollars. beat it logitech......oh you can't I'm sorry lol. not that anything im saying is relevant......but its a mouse. does it have the amount of buttons you need? then you're basically set. turn up your point speed in windows or mess with the dpi in your mouse software. all mice these days have enough dpi so the only factors you need to look for in a mouse is button amount and size of the mouse. I hate all this advertising that makes a mouse look like it's more than a friggin mouse.......IT'S A MOUSE lol.

Does this mouse actually run on disposable batteries? In 2018?

You haven't heard of rechargeable AA batteries? In 2018?

You haven't heard of Lithium Ion or USB? In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or the year 2000?

Even cheap $10 wireless mice have USB charging on modern LIon batteries that hold more charge than our phones. The charge lasts for weeks, even months on some of mine. I love my Logitechs (G5 still rockin', baby) just fine but a wireless mouse without USB charging is just pathetic.

You haven't heard of Lithium Ion or USB? In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or the year 2000?

Even cheap $10 wireless mice have USB charging on modern LIon batteries that hold more charge than our phones. The charge lasts for weeks, even months on some of mine. I love my Logitechs (G5 still rockin', baby) just fine but a wireless mouse without USB charging is just pathetic.

Agreed on batteries, but USB charging is pathetic. How am I supposed to do that when my PC (HTPC) is a good 15+ feet away? If I had to do that with my keyboard as well it would drive me nuts. Using wireless at a desk workstation only raises purchase price plus maintenance (replacing failed rechargeables).

Back