Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 and Gaming Keyboard G510 Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Logitech has been a leader in the peripheral market for as long as I can remember on both the casual and enthusiast ends. Last month they announced updates to the popular G-series PC gaming peripheral line with the introduction of the Gaming Keyboard G510, Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 and Wireless Gaming Headset G930.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/314-logitech-g510-keyboard-g700-wireless-mouse/

Please leave your feedback here.

wireless mouse, and a pic with cable mouse ? hmmm. somebody was up to early today ? ;)

"The first version featured a full bank of macro keys, two on-board USB ports and an adjustable LCD panel, among other features. Unfortunately Logitech did away with nearly all of these on its second revision which left many die-hard G15 fans disappointed."

This is harsh... Who needs 54 macro keys (you say so yourself later) when you can switch between profiles for different games. The on board USB ports are still there for the v.2, and, while the screen can no longer be moved up or down, it isnt a problem at all (except, seemingly, for you)

This seems like a review made in a hurry: especially when the mouse has been criticised in almost every review for having truly awful wireless capabilities, and horrendously placed thumb buttons. Still, I guess this does the job.

Guest said:
wireless mouse, and a pic with cable mouse ? hmmm. somebody was up to early today ? ;)

That's my first impression too! But page 2 of the article reveals this picture: https://www.techspot.com/mediagallery.php?f=314&sub=images&img=11.jpg

And that's not a photoshop but the same mouse minus it's charging cable. So the cables does detach for use. Which is a major plus in my book, that it works like a normal mouse when charging and doesn't need some cradle or other charging dock.

Poor choice of picture on my part, my bad :). As mentioned above by 9Nails and explained in the review, the G700 is a wireless mouse that was designed so that if you run out of battery it can be plugged in and function as a wired mouse while charging. It's actually quite neat and practical compared to older mice that only gave you the option of a charging cradle.

I purchased a G510 just prior to this review, and after receiving it yesterday I have to say I am thoroughly impressed! This is my first gaming keyboard, so I cannot compare it to the original G15 or G15 v2, though I really like the feel of it alot.

When I chose the G510, I was also looking at the G15, and the Alienware TactX as possible alternatives. The deciding factor for me was the full spread of macro keys over the other 2. I got it from Newegg for $107.99 w/ free shipping. I'm still learning all the functions of course, but so far it seems like a very solid design, and I'm very pleased with it.

Does the G700 have a good middle click? The Performance MX (which the G700 looks to be partially based off) has the worst middle click I've ever used.

I have always been interested in Logitech's G series of Mice and keyboards. I currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and CM Storm Sentential Advance and am quite satisfied with both of them. the only problem i ever had was that the media key's for play/pause etc didn't work with itune but a patch came out that fixed that and now i am as happy as can be.

Ugh, still not enough buttons! If the mouse had 20 more buttons I'd buy it.....better yet a keyboard on the mouse......PERFECT MOUSE: 2 main L/R buttons with 3 more at each mid-finger, tilt/scroll/button wheel with front/back buttons(like MX-1000), 12 thumb buttons arranged 4-vertical/3 front/back, 2 buttons on right side for ring/pinky fingers. No useless lights. 30ft. range. AWESOME. Get to it Logitech!!! I'm a product designer, I'll come work for you and do it right!!!

I was looking for a long time for replacements to my G1-G15 and G7 set. I even picked up a "works on more surfaces" bluetrack powered X8. I dumped it on day 3 after arguing with MS support about the validity of BlueTrack working on most surfaces. it failed on my Frosted Whited Glass mouse pad; G7 works/worked flawlessly on it. So I went looking and found both of these and bought them about 3 weeks ago. At first I had to get used to the G510 from the G15, it is a bit flatter and the lack of USB ports disappoints me, but other than that its been great. it even auto loaded all my macros from the G15 with no problems. The G700 is not a G7, but rather a MX G7. it is as if they took a MX and A G7 and put them together. The thumb buttons are a little awkward, but it feels nice. only pet peeve about it is the cable. the X8 had a nice slim almost non-existence cable, the G700 had a large USB cable that, I believe, is used to transmit mouse data while its charging for faster charging.

G510 9/10
G700 8/10

Guest said:
Ugh, still not enough buttons! . . 12 thumb buttons arranged 4-vertical/3 front/back, !
Well I think I found the one that will satisfy your button fetish. The Razor Naga. Sure itsnt Wireless, but it has a Numpad sized set on the side of the mouse in a 3x4 row like you wanted. Its half way there.

Back