Logs from Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and hijackthis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpb2872

Hello and thank you in advance for your help. I have a dell laptop with windows XP. I got some kind of virus that kept giving me a security error pertaining to win32. when I opened internet explorer. Internet explorer would also shut down when I would open certain pages. I downloaded and ran ccleaner twice. Then I downloaded malwarebytes but it would not let me run run it. I downloaded and ran rootrepeal and removed a .sys file that was random letters. After removing that file and rebooting I was able to run malwarebytes. I accidently ran it as a quick scan and it removed several items, I then ran a complete scan which did not detect anything, therefore I am attaching both logs. I then dowloaded and ran Superantispyware which removed a few things, a log is attached. I also updated Java and removed older version and removed viewpoint. I then ran Hijackthis which is also attached.

Also I am getting a box popping up when I boot the computer saying communication timeout error. has timed out waiting for the underlying service to start press retry to try again or cancel to abort

Thanks again

sxkzw965566.exe detected, Expert Help Needed

One Issue that I have noticed... O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [realteks] ... sxkzw965566.exe
Do not use HJT to make changes without expert guidance. We do not want you to make things worse! ;)

I am not an expert, but I might be able to help you provide some additional background work or information
before the experts step in to help you finish up.

I see you are running McAfee SecurityCenter (includes AV and firewall)
Were you able to get it fully updated? Do you have a recent log?

Did you carefully step through the 8 steps, missing nothing?

RE:
Also I am getting a box popping up when I boot the computer saying communication timeout error. has timed out waiting for the underlying service to start press retry to try again or cancel to abort
If you press abort, do you lose any functionality? What happens if you "Try again?"?
We may set this issue aside until we are sure you are clean. (it may resolve itself along the way, or we may need to do further diagnostic work to repair some damage).

There are many good folk here who generously donate their valuable time and expertise. :grinthumb At some point you may be advised to temporarily uninstall McAffee, in order to try another AV scanner... this does not mean that you will have wasted your money on McAffee... Listen to the advice of the the expert who is guiding you. It will be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back