Looking fo Software Testing Certification

Hello Everyone, I am new here and I don't know this is the right place to ask certification related query. One of my friend was suggested to ask the query here. I am looking to done software testing certification but I am confused between 3 certifications which I mentioned below. Can anyone suggest me which one is better?
1. Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
2. ISTQB Foundation Level (CTFL)
3. Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer by ISTQB.

Not familiar with CAST at all. The ISTQB, however... I'm on the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for the American board, the ASTQB.

The CTFL is a "Foundation" on which other levels, such as Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer build. So, the choice between the two is clear: have to have the CTFL first.

As to "better?" After the CTFL, you get choices! There are multiple pathways you can follow shown at THIS LINK to the ASTQB website.

Working in an Agile environment? There are Agile-related certifications. Doing "waterfall" and black-box testing? Get the Advanced Level Test Analyst cert under you belt. Doing heavy duty in-the-code testing" Get the Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst cert. Just reading the syllabus for each give you useful tools that serve well eventually, and often immediately.

First got dragged into the ISTQB stuff. We were experienced testers! What is this nonsense? Then watch a class of newbies test a tool we "professionals" had already tested. After a one week class, they applied the techniques and found bugs -- PLURAL! -- that we had missed. The next class did it again. Now, I help teach that class my customer makes every incoming test engineer and test manager attend. Not just a believer; I proselytize this stuff!

Back