Looking for a case that is dust proof or close to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I know that computers need to have ventilation but I need to build a computer for someone that is not in the cleanest environment. Is there such a case that can help with that situation. Thanks.

dusty

well the best thing to do is find a case that isnt to big so estimate how much room your going to need. After that look for cases on newegg.com that around the size you need, most of their parts usually run cheaper than other sites and its more reliable than ebay :O.

no case is dust proof lol.

my solution would be just stick 3-6 fans in it, vaccuum it out once a week and if its still dirty
tell that person to get off the computer and clean his/her home!!!

I know no case is dust proof but I am trying to help it out with ideas like you gave me about filters. I have heard about actual cases for the cases.
This is actually a work environment. They are around farm equipment, semi truck equipment etc. They try to keep the room clean but doors open, dirty people come in and it just is not picture perfect for a computer. He puts millions of dollars of info on the computer so I need to try as best I can to help the situation.

lol dude!! that comp should not be in a farm enviroment when it has that kind of stuff on it.
i think they sell special fans to reduce heat and for cleaner air.

good luck :]

-nic

Then where is he supposed to keep it.

In an office or room that isn't near farm equipment etc, no case is going to help that situation, if what is on the system is worth what you say then he should do all he can to keep it away from that kind of stuff.

And how is he supposed to do that? Wake up. That doesn't make sense. This is where it has to be so that is where it has to go.

You could purchase a Video cable extension lead and Keyboard/Mouse extension cables as well. And actually have the computer box in another room. (I know because I've done it myself with a 15Mtr Video extension cable!

Or you could put the computer into one of those old server cases (I say old because, I don't see them much anymore, and cases are usually - glass door; fans inside; and sealed! )

Anyway, that's a couple of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back