Looking for a case to fit a 40cm card

childofthetao

I had no idea card could be some gigantic, that blows my mind, I can't wait to see the thing!

The problem is I never checked the size of the card to see if it would fit in my case, it won't.

What I would like as suggestions are names of cases long enough from front to back to fit 40cm card but no higher then 58cm as that's the height from the bottom of my desk to the top. (it does leave like half cm gap at thetop, not cool I know). If it's possible to get a case to fit the card that can also fit under my desk that would be excellent.

Edit: BTW, I'm getting a Palit Jetstream GTX 770 4GB.

Edit 2: I am actually now unsure of the length of that particular card, I keep find contradicting numbers.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the request. Why would you need a 16 inch card slot? A 16 inch card slot would be outside of specifications.

Physical card dimensions
Full-size card

The original "full-size" PCI card is specified as a height of 107 mm (4.2 inches) and a depth of 312 mm (12.283 inches). The height includes the edge card connector. However, most modern PCI cards are half-length or smaller (see below) and many modern PCs cannot fit a full-size card.

On amazon, the specifications say that it is 40cm long, on the Palit site it says it's 27.5cm long.

So you're saying it has to 27.5cm as 40cm is just wrong?

Do you think a 28cm card would fit in a 550D?

Oh, do you think a h100i would fit in the top of the 550D?
Yes I do. The H100i is a 240 mm radiator with two 120 mm fans in a closed loop.

Obsidian Series 550D
The top panel provides room for two 120mm or 140mm fans, or a 240mm radiator for compatibility with Corsair Hydro Series CPU coolers and other liquid cooling systems.
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i
The 240mm top-mounted radiator provides maximum surface area for maximum cooling power. The 120mm fans use wide, low-pitch blades for better static pressure to noise ratio, offering improved efficiency at lower noise levels.

Do you have any idea if the case fans in the 550D are three or four-pin? I've tried to fin out but they just don't seem to say anything about it on their site.

Yes you get three fans, but I'm trying to figure out if those fans are three-pin or four-pin as the motherboard I'm getting has only four-pin headers on it.

Yes you get three fans, but I'm trying to figure out if those fans are three-pin or four-pin as the motherboard I'm getting has only four-pin headers on it.
Ohh sorry, I missed that detail in your original question. I can't say for sure but case fans are usually 3-pin. It is the CPU fans that are normally 4-pin. If I was to guess, I'd say they were 3-pin, but I can't say for certain. Sorry about misreading your question, definitely my fault.

Just so you know the 4-pin also accommodates the 3-pin and 2-pin fans. The third and fourth pin are additional pins to the 2-pin. So the header works with all three.

Back