Looking for a new Motherboard

So Im looking for a new motherboard, here are my current specs:
MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Zotac ZT-60207-20L GeForce GT 640 Graphic Card - 900 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR3 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Zotac ZT-60207-20L GeForce GT 640 Graphic Card - 900 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR3 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16

So this was my first build and it went great, did make the mistake of getting a micro ATX, and I have a massive case =/ 2 things that bother my about my current motherboard is that I dont have enough SATA plugs I have alot of hard drives and second I just got 4 monitors and it only has 1 PCI plug.

So Im also thinking about getting another graphics card to run 2 of my monitors and having my current one run the other 2. I was thinking of getting another GT640, but I do have a gtx260 sitting around would they work together?

Also if you have any advice about changing motherboards and not having to re-install OS clean that would be great

You don't have to reinstall Windows if you replace a new motherboard (Windows 8 may be different though). I would look into any Z97 ATX motherboard. Those will be enough for your needs. I recommend ASUS and Gigabyte.

As for the 260 and 640 working together (SLI), that won't work since the GPUs need to be the same. What type of work do you do on the PC? Also do you have a budget? That will help me better recommend a GPU (work vs gaming).

Mostly work, with some gaming not alot. Im looking to get a motherboard that will last for a long time. Im looking to get at least 8 SATA plugs for HDDs. I was looking into the Extended ATX cause I have a massive case but idk much about them? My budget is $250 range.
Thanks for all the help

Bump, any one have an opinion? If possible it would also be nice to have a Motherboard that is capable to run Hackintosh

Back