Looking for a replacement PSU and computer case

Schmutz

I am looking for a new case and PSU for my current computer and my next computer after I upgrade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current System Spec
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q6600 3.0GHZ
GIGABYTE EP45-DS3R
6GB PC2 6400 800mhz (2x 2gb/2x 1gb)
Nvidia GTX 275 896mb
Asus Xonar DX soundcard
Windows 7 x64
Jeantech 1000W PSU

Operating system is on 2TB drive
++ two 1TB data drives, one 500GB drive (all sata drives)

I will be replacing the budget £30 case I currently use and the "Jeantech 1000W PSU".

After a lot of research the best candidates in my opinion:

Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case (£75.33)

Corsair 750W HX modular PSU (£110.11)

My concerns are whether these will be suitable for use after I upgrade. I will be investing ~£1000 on my next CPU/motherboard/RAM/GPU and will be upgrading to whatever offers the best price/performance. I could upgrade now but have been advised to wait for the next generation of hardware to hit which should spawn some bargains on the current top hardware.

Considering my budget I do not want to overlook a quality case and PSU. The Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced offers versatility with modular drive bays and the like. I don't know whether 750W will be enough though. To note, I don't think I'll run a multi-GPU setup (it just seems like a major headache) I am more likely to buy a dual core GPU (if it is worth it)

Case fans are something I have always overlooked in the past. I have read some things about where to position fans in a case for optimal airflow. Now I need to figure out which fans I should get!

To quote from the specification:

• Air cooling support for up to 10 fans (with support for up to 5 x 140mm fans)
  • 3x Case Fans are included - Front 140mm Blue LED Fan, Top 140mm Fan and rear 120mm Fan

Will I need anything else? Are there better options I can replace these with?

Thank you very much for any suggestions

i think you are spot on with your picks.
The Corsair AX series is the newer one. i would look for a 750 or 850 there as well

IMHO, spend a few quid more and get this PSU instead.

The case is a great choice though.

That one on ebuyer is only an extra £10.
Massive £22 reduction at the moment. Coolermaster or Corsair? I thought Corsair were the most recommended PSU manufacturer. Well, the coolermaster PSU will definately ease any worries about multi-gpu setups if I decide to go that way in the future...

@codisha AX series is quite expensive since it is newer tech. I'm not sure if it warrants the extra money, it must have reduced the price of the HX series into an excellent price/performance zone though?

Super, then get it from ebuyer. The Cooler Master higher-end PSUs are on-par with Corsair's similar offerings, so no worries there.

Back