Looking for easy to use fairly basic DVD burning software

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Looking for what the title says to burn basic home video onto DVD's,
and maybe copy etc.

Only need basic editing features, such as titles, inserting audio, etc, besides
patching clips together to make 1 video.

There are so many for sale, and of course they all claim to be the best.

I've looked at and tried the trial version of Altdo, seems OK, any comments,
pro or con, or better alternatives? It seems to claim to do what I'm looking for.

Thought I'd ask for experiences and recommendations from savvy folks
who've used different ones.

Thanks!!

I have used Roxio in the past and am currently using Nero, They both run exceptionally well and fairly easy to use. On Nero, the initial run may take longer, but as you go through the preferences you can choose what and what not to see. Roxio, I would assume is the same but the version I used is too far out of date. You can go here and download a trial... http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero9-trial.php

I personally prefer TMPGEnc DVD author, as the movies I buy aren't always in the easiest formats. This program allows me to convert from almost any format to a playable DVD and create menus/chapter options.

It may be overkill, but it saves having a whole bunch of programs to do one thing each. I always get good audio and video syncing as well, no jerky video or audio cut outs.

Have a look at it here http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda20.html

Plus it has a lot of help online if you ever get stuck

I've not used TMPGEnc in years, but when I did it was pretty complicated and required reading tons of tutorials, all seemingly close but not exactly what you wanted to do, and if you tried to improvise you got terrible results. Perhaps that has changed.

But ConvertXtoDVD is incredibly easy to use, but it isn't the right tool if you are starting out with mpeg2. I suppose it can be used, but there is probably an even better solution out there. The problem with ConvertXtoDVD is that it isn't free...

I personally prefer TMPGEnc DVD author, as the movies I buy aren't always in the easiest formats.
Does the TMPGEnc still have the, "you gotta re-register it every few months aggravation"?

@Strategic; God, I hope they've improved Nero dramatically. I have version 6, and it's "Nerovision 3" is, bar none, the worst piece of s*** I've ever had the misfortune to use. It makes "DVD Movie Factory' look like "Final Cut Pro".

It's only asked me to re register once, wasn't too sure on that but it was after I imaged my hard drive onto my new computer so that could have something to do with it

Their encoder alone used to be available as freeware,. Never was quite sure what a person was supposed to do with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back