Looking into buying a new monitor in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

treetops

Im looking for a gaming monitor for around 200$ USA, I plan to build my own computer in a few weeks and here are my planned specs.
Windows xp (until windows 7)
3.2 quadcore amd
275 nvidea video card
4gig ddr3 ram
750 gig rom

Id like to play the newest games on the highest settings and be able to watch the blue ray quality movies. Oh yeah I was also wondering if windows xp 64 bit is worth getting. I have my windows xp from this old dell dimension 2400 (32 bit), I have no problem using it until windows 7 comes out. But if windows 64 bit is significantly better ill spring for it.

Wait for Windows 7 64 bit... It is much better than XP or Vista 64 bit, especially for gaming

24" and 25" 1080p monitors with HDMI input are coming into play and if you shop around you can easily get one for around $200, unless you're in Europe or something than that is a different story. Blu ray burners drives are under $150 and players under $100. Make sure your video card has HDMI out. It makes everthing a lot easier

No video cables, just video card power adapters and output connector adapters... No video card comes with signal cables... Video signal cables come with monitors. You can get video cables from places like Best Buy or Radio Shack

That card has dual DVI out which is fine. The main difference between DVI and HDMI is DVI doesnt handle any audio. That is fine if you will be running the audio separately (which is almost always the case with a PC). DVI is a digital connection and should conform to any resolution. You probably dont need dual DVI unless you will be running two monitors. The DVI cable is usually supplied with the monitor. As far as where to get good quality cables at a great price check out monoprice.com They also handle just about any other type of cable you may need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back