Looking to upgrade

kmatthews24

First off, i know little to nothing about computers so any help will be useful and much appreciated. I'm looking to upgrade my RAM and VIDEO CARD just need some suggestions. Currently I spend most of my time playing League of Legends which isn't a very demanding game but aim to be playing BF3 when it releases. Below are my computer specs ill try and list them all, if something is missing just let me know and ill edit it.

MOBO: ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS (PCI EXPRESS X16)

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor (3.11 GHz)

GPU: Antec High Current Gamer 400W

MEMORY: 2GB RAM

VIDEO: GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

LED MONITOR: HP 22inch

Ok, thats everything I'm working with at the moment but I plan on purchasing a 64Bit version of Windows 7 sometime soon. Again I'm looking to upgrade my Video card and RAM, any other suggestions will be well taken and considered.

BUDGET: $200 (preferably less)

Thanks in advance for all the help :)

Ok so I was shopping around today and bought windows 7 home and 2x4GB of kingston RAM and should be installed before the weekend is over. I'm now just interested in buying a mid-range graphics card, any suggestions for my setup?

my only concern with the 6000 series is that a lot of them recommend at least 450W will my PSU suffice? Also, my mobo is only PCI express x16 whereas the card is PCI express 2.1 x16 will that limit the performance?

The PCI x16 slot really doesn't pose a problem, but think you would be cutting it pretty close on the power supply. Just your base components along with the Radeon 6850 are probably going to put you above 400W. If you have additional disk drives, external devices, etc. I'd definitely recommend considering an upgrade to your power supply.

What's the maximum resolution on your monitor? It may be better-suited for you to get an HD 6790 and a new PSU for under $200 if the res is lower than 1920x1080.

id prefer not to replace my PSU because its only a few months old (5 or 6) but if its recommended for the upgrade to the 6850 i may have to bite the bullet.

Back