Losing Frequent Internet Connectivity

TheDevopsGuy

Hi Folks,

I checked with my ISP and they say line test and modem seems to constantly be up and no downtime is recorded. Meanwhile on my main PC, which is directly connected to the modem I'm experiencing disconnections constantly.

Windows network indicates a red warning so complete connection is lost for abit.

The connection only disconnects for a couple of seconds and returns immediately, on occasions the modem does blink red on rare occasions, I was speculating it might be the uplink to the PC but I doubt that if the modem is losing connectivity too.

What could I really check at this point?

FD57UiA.png

Thanks,

TechGamer

Is this a Windows 10 PC? I have noticed on occasion that windows likes to turn power off to the NIC on PC's. The fix for me in this situation is to go into the control panel -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> NIC in question -> Right click -> Properties -> Power Management. Then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then click ok. Not sure if it is the same issue but this helped in the situation I had.

Is this a Windows 10 PC? I have noticed on occasion that windows likes to turn power off to the NIC on PC's. The fix for me in this situation is to go into the control panel -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> NIC in question -> Right click -> Properties -> Power Management. Then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then click ok. Not sure if it is the same issue but this helped in the situation I had.

Done, also updated network driver at the same time as maybe it could be the culprit.
Hopes up.

Thanks

Windows network indicates a red warning
That indicates an error condition on the driver.

You 'updated the network driver' -- from where? The OEM site would be the best choice over M$ Update.

That indicates an error condition on the driver.

You 'updated the network driver' -- from where? The OEM site would be the best choice over M$ Update.

That's what I did jo, so far so good with the new drivers and turning the power management option off.

Issue returned hmm, I don't recall anyone at home experiencing the same disconnection when it happens to me. Then again its only for a few seconds and most browsing is buffered.

I will change the uplink to pc just incase. If anyone else has any other ideas shoot em up.

Back