Lost some inbox emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT is not my speciality area so plse bear with me

use xp sp3 and outlook express

have lost part of my inbox emails [ for period dated 9/9/08 until 10/2/10 !!!!! ] this has occurred only in the last week. new emails since are being received ok

other prior emails recvd, which were moved out to other folders within that time period are unaffected

in OE view/ current view / all messages... is set

the block of emails have not been deleted ie not in "deleted items"

run panda + some spyware - all updated and all regularly scanned

** have i lost these emails, 15 months of general inbox received ... or are they around somewhere
** if around how do i get them back ie just the inbox as was [ i can i presume move all current into a new sub inbox, get the origianl back and then move recents back into the ne home inbox..... presumes i an get the inbox back ]

have one .pst file [ apparently related ? ] but it is circa oct09 !
there is a .dbx around but it seems to have current date

of interest the emails now, as at 9/9/08 cannot be opened properly, [ message being :Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. ] but the very earliest emails remaining in the inbox do open as normal.

memory mentioned is new...do not seem to have had any issues recently, and the fact that the older emails and the most recent all open !
space though.........do have a lot of stuff in many sub folders of in + outbox

at a loss as to how to recover.. advice Greatly appreciated + thanks for any assistance

OE stores mail files here
C:\Documents and Settings\yourLogin\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{4049BA6C-A559-4750-9335-49BF0F9EC9FA}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*

your {4049BA6C-A559-4750-9335-49BF0F9EC9FA} may be different but only one will be under IDENTITIES\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back