Major damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so I never really had anything massive like this happen before. My computer was prolly beyong uber, never giving one issue till now. I tried to install Bitdefender total security 09, in the process it wanted to remove my PC-Cillin Internet protection program which I let it, im not 100% sure what happened, I just know everything started going nuts, both bitdefender and pc-chillin wanted to restart my computer so I let it, once it rebooted I got fatal error.. STOP 0xC000021A

So, first I tried to boot to safe mode, nope, dont work, second I tried to repair windows, no, windows wont even see that I have a C drive or windows installed at all, if I try to do anything I get another blue screen error different code tho. So I cant reformat even using my windows start up disk because of that blue screen I get.

So then I used Recovey Console chkdsk and I get 'The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems' So I type MAP and it comes up with G and E drives, but not my C drive. So now im at a loss here, computer wont do nothing, I cant Format C drive using Recovery Console if it wont even find the drive right? Ugh....

Well

Lets see. If you cant access the drive, the utility says you have a unrecoverable errors and now
chkdisk does not even know there is a drive there....

HARD DRIVE IS TOAST !!!

Replace drive, kiss data goodbye.....

Depending how old the drive is, you may be able to RMA it for the cost of shipping to the manufacturer.

Sorry for the bad news...

So then I used Recovey Console chkdsk and I get 'The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems'
This may be a Partition fault (not a hard drive fault)

You could start setup with your Windows setup CD and remove the partition(s) fully
Then continue Windows setup
Note: you will lose any unsaved userdata on the hard drive

@TechLearner, many of your posts are non-supportive (border line)
I have also removed one post by you (replying to a 4 week old message) that contained no supportive help at all.
If you are trying to support users make sure that you are first aware how to.

If you dont care about your data boot up XP setup disk, delete partitions, create partitions and reformat.. If this wont work then more than likely you hard drive is gone. Hard drives are pretty cheap, the only issue is if you have data you dont want to loose.

Well just to edit that too (a little)
In all Windows new setups, you do not need to manually create a partition or format a drive that is already (or made by removing) non-partitioned

Also you could try a Drive Diagnostics test on your HardDrive to confirm if it is faulty or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back