Major problem need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay where to begin i supose i'll start out by giving you my specs or at least what i can remember since my computer isnt running at the moment :(

Case: Alienware two fans
Motherboard: Asus tek
CPU: AMD athlon 64 3000+ 1.8 GHZ
Ram: 640MB* yes i know i'm too poor to buy more at the moment
GPU: Nvidia 6880 256mb

now to explain the situation I decided that i wanted to overclock now i'm new to this and decided the best and safest way was to use Nvidias own overclocking software Ntune as they call it. Everything went fine i set the FBS up to 210 from 200 to make my cpu run at 1.98GHz fairly small it didnt even bother the temp of my cpu, I also adjusted the GPU fan to a higher speed and everything was running flawlessly later i shut my system down, when i came back and powered up it loaded all the way to my desktop but as soon as my desktop loads the entire screen just goes black the computer its self remains active but i cant interact with it. Im not positive but i think it has to do with the GPU fan any help would be greatly appreciated

well lets start with simple. Is your monitor cable hooked up? and have you overclocked the video card?

Well i'd like to thank you for taking the time to try and help me , to awnser the question i had used the nvidia's over clocking program and i intend to never use it again. It was causing the system to crash i'm guessing or at least the graphics card to crash. I tried to fix the problem by going into safe mode and uninstalling the ntune program but it refused to uninstall i then figured i'd just go about deleting the registries related to the program and its related files this i believed would end my problems. This didnt , So i resorted to the only method i saw would help me i backuped my files onto an external hardrive and just used my ghost image to when my system was first installed i highly recemmend the norton ghost program to anyone who has this issue and again thank you for taking the time to help its appreciated

Norton Ghost (I use this one)
Acronis True Image (most users like this one)
Drive Image (Basically an alternative)
DriveImage XML (This one is free!)
MaxBlast (I haven't used this, but it's free)

Imaging: Backs up your entire system, including Windows and data, plus your partition as well. The image can be stored on removable media, such as DVD. And usually takes under an hour (depending on size of image) to fully recover from a blank HardDrive.

Is your GPU fan still operating as it was? One thing I would advise you not to overclock anything until you have 2 gigs of ram. On your mention of 210 from 200 "fbs"...do you really mean to say "Fps" ???. Anyway, to get your rig up and running.....unplug the P.C. Take off the side (unless it's all ready off). Be careful to ground yourself by touching a good ground (PSU) or get a wrist strap that grounds you to your unit. I'm a fanatic about electrostatic discharge. The less the better. Pull out the 3 volt battery for 30 to 60 seconds. Replace battery and start the machine. The bios should be back to norm. With that little ram, it's hard to overclock. Also, when you O'C, you often have to change your memory timing. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back