Major problem with Asus A7V266-E KT266A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys im new to this forum,

i have a major problem.
After inserting 512mb DDR RAM into the DIMM sockets .My PC starts but i dont dont hear any bleeps, the fan is working it regocnises the mouse, keyboard becuase it lights up but the monitor screen just turns black, if i remove the monitor cable it says no signal on the monitor. But as soon as i insert the monitor cable the monitor just switches off. If im right when i start up the machine i should get a single bleep sound but i dont. i have removed the DDR ram and inserted another one, i have also purchased a monitor cable to try with a new monitor cable. But still no luck. Also tryed removing the graphics card and re-inserting and also tryed removing the graphics card and starting the machine, when i do this the machiene should bleep several times to say there is no grpahics card present but it doesnt.

Here are my Pc specs.

AMD Athlon XP (Palomino, Socket A) 1900+

1.6GHz Athlon XP 1900+ with 256Kb of on-die Level 2 cache, 512MB of PC2100 DDR memory, made up of two 256MB modules + 512MB DDR Components center DDR RAM VIA KT266A motherboard chipset(A7V266-E), 100Gb Maxtor, 250GB Maxtor hardrive.

Graphics card: Sappire ATI Radeon 1800XT 256MB with DVI and TV-out

Asus A7V266-E KT266A
Socket A(462) A7V266-E
BIOS: Award Medallion 6.0
CPU : Duron - Athlon - AthlonXP- AthlonMP
Chipset : VIA KT266A / VT 8233
FSB: 200/266Mhz
AGP: AGP 4X Pro
Memory : Three 184-pin DIMM / 3GB max

Any ideas what could be wrong??

thank you in advance.

ive tried that, ive also tryed puting the original RAM in different slots. Still dont get anything come up on the screen. But the machine starts up with the fans, signal lights on the keyboard and stuff is on. But heard that when you start the machine up you should hear a single beep noise but i dont hear that just the click of the hardrive.

Have you tried powering on the system without any memory modules installed ? You've only said that you've tried that with the VGA card. Try it with the memory & you should get a series of beeps to warn you that there's no memory installed.

If you still don't get any beeps, try doing a ClearCMOS on the motherboard to reset the settings.

Yep i have tried that and i get constant bleeps, does that mean the motherboard is fine, and i may need to raplace the RAM or Graphics card?

and how do i do a CMOS reset?>

Thanks guys for the replys.

ok iv given up trying with this motherboard, iv just just built myself a new barebone computer.

I think i fried the motherboard on the other pc.

Thanks for your help guys. Most appreciated.

Have a nice week!

Have a nice week all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back