Solved Malware Blocked When Opening Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastQuestion

Hi,
When I tried to open my topic on the board in Mobile Computing, a message came up on the computer, from a program known as avast, saying Malware Blocked, object: ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ns.techspot....etc, infection: html: script-inf, and then also infection: html:lframe-inf, for another object that I did not write down. It seemed like an Advertisement on this website had caused this to happen.
After these messages came up, every time I tried to go to my topic, one of them would pop up again. Then, every time the Internet Explorer itself was opened, another notice of Malware Blocked would come up and the Internet Explorer window would say: Internet Explorer cannot display webpage.

To give background - if it is needed, I had first reported this Malware warning in that Mobile Computing topic, then I wrote another topic called “Malware block message”, and then eventually I was directed to Bobbeye, Julio, or others in this section.

I need to say that the original problem of the Malware Blocked popup seems to be over with now, but I just wanted to report it here to the higher-ups. I am now using the computer that had experienced the warning (it happened several day ago), and it has worked normally since then. Some clean up was done at the time too, before I decided to write here. Thank you very much for all of the information and the information that I can show others if there is a need.

Make sure to update Avast and the problem should go away.
There was a bad update few days ago.
You should always have Avast set to update itself automatically.

Why would that message even have come up those several days ago, given the circumstances I specified?
Is there a way to avoid such an occurrence happening again? Just as a note, the lap top computer was being used when this happened.

Also, avast is currently updated, and I believe it does so automatically, even at the time of the Malware Blocked notice.

Should anything further be done (some clean-up has already been done) if everything works properly now?

Well, you're fine then.
Bad updates happen with every program/
That particular one has been fixed by Avast in 45 minutes.

Thus it was not this website that caused the problem (despite the name appearing in the "infection’s" ‘object’)?

Is there a way to avoid encounters like this, or should anything further be done? Thank you for helping

Thanks for the help.
I guess it was just an unnecessary alarm?
My last question: how would you avoid contracting malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back