Malware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, good morning ladies & gents

I've been having some Google redirection issues for the last month or so, but within the last couple of days I seem to be having further issues. AdAware keeps picking up a Trojan, and I cant access my C or E drives.

Anyway, to make things more difficult I cant even complete the Eight Steps. I have downloaded and installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, but when I double click the icon, absolutely nothing happens.

Likewise I have downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware, but when I click onto it to install it, I get the messge "SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have attcahed the AdAware log, my Virus scan log and the HJT log, which is the best I can do so far.

Any assistance is gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

Run SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes in <SAFE MODE>
I am surprised to learn that Adaware found a trojan that SuperAntiSpyware did not find.

Kcircyrd;780852I am surprised to learn that Adaware found a trojan that SuperAntiSpyware did not find.[/QUOTE said:
Don't be surprised...
That is why it's a good idea to run [3] anti-spyware programs. One isn't better than the other, and one alone can't detect everything;)

Yes but Adaware is not a Spyware program by any reasonable person's definition and SuperAntispyware is.
Adaware is merely a barely reliable program for detecting and removing cookies... Only when the cookie is also on the Spyware lists does Adaware find it... It has been a long time since we have seen Adaware detect a real Trojan of note.

Tell you what: When you have a computer with known serious infestations. Before you run your good removal tools such as Spy Sweeper, SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor, Zone Alarm, MalwareBytes, and the others that are any good, install Adaware.
Scan with Adaware to see what it finds. Then scan with the other programs to see what you find.
We have done this hundreds of times as demos for customers who use Adaware or Spybot 1.30.
Spybot and Adaware hardly ever find and attempt to remove significant infestations. For everyone they do find, they miss others of the exact same files.

Kcircyrd, read the 1st post... AdAware was already run :zzz:
I've been having some Google
redirection issues for the last month or so, but within the last couple of days I seem to be having further issues. AdAware keeps picking up a Trojan, and I cant access my C or E drives.

amnesia91, try running the full scan of AdAware and not the smart san. There is a possibility that smart scan may miss something.

Strategic, I have read yours. Now read mine. If you are talking about the free Adaware, you are wasting time, methinks... and depending on what it calls a Trojan is just as unrelable as every other aspect of that program.

does adaware conflict with spybot?

No it doesn't, only A/V software conflicts with each other, the only problem with SpyBot though is that it's plain and simply put, a memory hog that does nothing.
I would strongly suggest using the software listed posted in the 8-steps procedure, they are good programs, and have been tested by people who know...:approve::approve::approve:

Adaware and Spybot do not conflict, but they both do the same thing, and basically just remove cookies and fake Trojans... Neither is effective unless you desire a cookie remover.

If you are dealing with the bigtime infestations, you need an Antivirus (I like Kaspersky, Avast, or Avira Antivir) at least two rugged spyware programs (I like SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes from MalwareBytes.org rather than the fake one.

The 8 steps are very good, but you must have somebody skilled in reading the tags of the common infestations... not just anybody can do it... as they take a lot of time to learn and get right.

Adaware and Spybot are site promotion software. They perform in the same way, and basically perform the same tasks... which are to remove cookies... the same cookies. Neither has the capability to detect or delete most of the top 5 infestations most commonly plaguing our systems. In a way, both are spyware, as they identify who you are and relay your location to others, while doing little to improve your computer performance. Only when you have large numbers of cookies do they help your system. Once they are installed on your computer, more installers know your email address... and little is done about serious threats... if anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back