Matrix Revolutions Trailer out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a bit more like it!

That's just the sort of stuff that I expected to see in the second film (and was disappointed that I didn't.)

I don't expect any oscar winning acting, but its obviously going to be action packed, and looks like a nice end to the trilogy.

I do get the feeling that the 2nd movie's function must be to set the stage for the 3rd, and nothing more. Consider the closeness of their release dates, and the back to back nature of their production - its almost like they "elected" to do a "trilogy" even although there was clearly only 1 true sequel, that being Revolutions. Even from an initial viewing of this trailer, its apparent that 2nd movie was a precursor to the 3rd, and nothing more.

What might have been nicer was an epic-lengthed 2nd film, as the only sequel to film 1, about 3 hours or so long. Indeed, this may have initially been the intention of the producers, directors, writers, etc, but its not always possible to do what you like with sequels to big, successful, expensive movies - you are often at the mercy of accountants and the wishes of movie companies first and foremost.

All in all, I am excited. I think that this looks great. However, I was also quite excited by the trailer for movie 2, so lets wait till I actually go to the cinema and see movie 3 before I cast judgment.

I have to admit to being a pretty hardcore Matrix fan... going into the original film, I had no idea what it was about and that turned out to be one of the most rewarding cinematic experiences of my life.

With Reloaded, I avoided all trailers, press and publicity for the movie, hoping to at least recreate partially that same experience. Of course, it didn't work on the same level, but I feel that being completely in the dark about the film did make the midnight screening all the better.

I think I'm going to go ahead and avoid publicity for Revolutions as well (and look like a knob again by closing my eyes in the cinema when a trailer is shown).

Well, they've gone to some length to say that Reloaded & Revolutions are one film cut in half. The original intention was to have Revolutions released a month after Reloaded, though that idea was canned as the effects weren't finished & Warner Brothers wanted to maximize the return off Reloaded.

Then again, if they did that then there probably wouldn't be as much time spent to explain Reloaded before Revolutions, such as;
http://www.buddhistnews.tv/current/matrix-reload-040603.php
&
http://webpages.charter.net/btakle/matrix_reloaded.html
To me this is what all The Matrix films are about.

I saw it last night at the movie theatre. There is going to be a lot of computer animation in this movie, more so compared to the last one and probably the last two combined it seems. The last one wasn't too great for me, but I think this one will be a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back