Media test failure

hey gang,
i am d-sub. i have an acer aspire one zg5 netbook. I've owned it for several months. i turned it on recently and got this message while it was booting.
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom
then it shows the aspire one logo screen for a second and goes blank. the mouse is setting in the center of the blank screen. i am able to control the mouse. can u help?

First, can you see anything... that allows you to remove and reinstall the driver as a first step... Looks as if you have a part to replace, if the configuration allows it... otherwise, is it under warrnty still?

I can only get to the setup utility or the boot menu ! it is not under warranty. are you trying to tell me i may have to replace the hard drive? i'm leaning towards that.

It's certainly possible that the drive has failed since it's unable to boot from the drive. Are you able to see the drive in the BIOS? Do you have an optical drive you can boot a CD from?

hey gang,
i am d-sub. i have an acer aspire one zg5 netbook. I've owned it for several months. i turned it on recently and got this message while it was booting.
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom
then it shows the aspire one logo screen for a second and goes blank. the mouse is setting in the center of the blank screen. i am able to control the mouse. can u help?
PXE-xxx is a (common) failure for trying to boot using the Ethernet instead of looking on the HD. (media failure here is the network).

Usual suspects here is a bad MBR,
missing files in the root directory
or a clobbered partition

Back