Merge disks unable to solve problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have benen breaking my head over this and did not manage to find a solution. Here the deal:

I received a asus eee pc netbook 900 with windows XP on it. When I visit my computer i find a C: drive and a D: drive.

C:drive has everything on it and has 0Mb free space left. (program files....)
D:drive is empty.

I tried using partition magic to merge both, but apparently it only works within one same disk (look at the Gif screenshot I uploaded)

Is there a way to fix this?

(I tried converting my d: to dynamic drive but apparently it only works on pc's.

All the best,

Carlo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC#Eee_900_Series
The Windows XP version is called the EeePC 900 Win and also comes in two versions: one with a total storage of 12 GB (one 4GB SSD and one 8GB SSD) and one with 16 GB (on a single SSD). The Linux 20G version is sold for the same price as the Windows 12G version. In the case for the 16G EEEs, the Windows version costs more than the Linux version.
You obviously have the 4GB SSD

Basically, you need to remove as much as you can off the main 4GB SSD Drive
ie Move any data to the other SSD Drive
And remove any programs from Add\Remove programs in Control Panel

Really 4 Gig is just not enough to install anything big on! (actually, even anything small)

Thank you so much, at least now i know.

Is it possible to transfer a program eg microsoft office from the c: to d: drive without uninstall?
Can I let it run from the D: drive?

Thanks Kimsland

Is it possible to transfer a program eg microsoft office from the c: to d
No (by the way, I've tried this, and have successfully done it, pretty sure it took me about 4 days until it was right, never again!)

Un-install
Re-install to the other drive

Also run CCleaner often (ticking all squares under advanced too ;) )

You surely must have a USB port or two, hence you could buy a cheap add-on USB drive for storing things. Example - Seagate freeAgent 500Gb £65.54 inc Vat, Freecom 160Gb £48.86 inc Vat. Just plug in and you are set.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back